1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How important is this game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Dec 16, 2016.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Is this basically a meaningless game?

Win or Lose we still have to beat the Raven's. We have no chance at home field advantage come playoff time.

If we lose the Bengals and beat the Ravens and Browns are we in? Division record would be tied I think. Whats the tie breakers?

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    every game from here on out is worth somethin

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Every game counts.

If the Steelers win out, then they may qualify for a home game and possibly a week off.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not meaningless but not the end of the world if we lose which I dont expect to. I believe we have the better team this year and we play well in Cincy. The test comes against the Ravens as everything is on the line from possible playoff spot to 3rd seed vs 6th, to possibly a 2 seed if things shake right. More than that though it will show this years team and fans that they are tired of losing to the Ravens

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    A win and a Ravens loss makes next week meaningless, a win and a Ravens win this week puts more emphasis on next week for them.

6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014

We are a game ahead, so if we beat the Ratbirds after losing to the Bungles, we will be one game ahead going into the Brownies game.

It is meaningless assuming beating the Brownies is a sure thing, and it pretty much is.

There is a different thread that goes into the tie breakers if we fail to win the division.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    This is basically the Bengals Superbowl. They will be bringing it and we have to answer that. It's not a do or die situation for the Steelers but if they want to make it thru the playoffs and onto the Superbowl then they have to prove they are the superior team between the two this weekend. I like our chances but if they come out flat then that will tell me a lot going forward.

8. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Gonna disagree with you a little bit regarding this being their Superbowl, we are not the hated enemy that we were last year. Listen to all the pre game compliments being dished out by Bengals players, they don't like us but respect us at least but the EDGE is gone. Cincy at this point is playing for pride and honestly they know they aren't going anywhere after week 16. The fact that its an AFC Opponent means that the game should be hard fought BUT as I argued with a buddy of mine Cincy's hatred this year is probably more geared towards Baltimore than us; the Ravens who had previously lost like 5 of 6 to Cincy came out and bullied Cincy. The game got chippy and of course ended with that call by Harbaugh to maul and hold every Bengal defender on the last play which itself turned into a small brawl. The Bengals kept the game competitive till the end but the last drive was Raven domination as the batted down like 5 of 9 Andy Dalton passes. AJ Green didn't play that game and I'm sure he will return for that one, just like I'm sure the Bengals want revenge, will play with that EDGE, and a chance to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs in a game that is in their house.......that will be their Superbowl!

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't you believe it, they may act all nice and friendly but when the cameras aren't rolling it will be like this.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This. I've played around with the possibilities, and while it's not likely that we would get a bye if we win out, it's not unrealistic either. The AFC West will cannibalize themselves over the last few weeks, and if a couple other games for those teams go our way it could get us the 2 seed if we win out. Again, not likely, but not completely unrealistic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The Rats aren't even 1/10th the hated rival that the Steelers are here in Cincinnati. Not even remotely close.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's why this game is a must win. I got a feeling if the Bengals can sit some guys week 17 they will if it means the Ravens win the division.

13. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    i saw a 1 seed
    of course NE loses out
    evryone was 11-5
    somehow we were tops

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Bengals have everything to gain and we have everything to lose. That's what scares me.

15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I agree. I hate the Bungles much more now after their inflicting injuries on us that cost us any real chance in the post season the last couple years. Our rivalry with the Ratbirds started fading the day Ray Lewis retired, but they remain are our #2 rival. Beyond those two, remaining rivalries are minor IMO.

I HATE the Patsies, but until we beat them in a big game there is no true rivalry, just disgust. If we knock them out on the way to a Super Bowl, then it`s on.

16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The last 3 wks. Are all division games.... it goes without saying that they are all must win games.
    Including the browns

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It is the biggest one on the schedule because it's the first one scheduled to play that we have left ...I am singularly focused , obviously we play to win each and every game on the schedule ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think it's very important. It's a three game season now against the rest of the division. Time to leave no doubt as to who the best team in the AFC North is and go into the playoffs hitting on all cylinders.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

Have to keep the momentum going. Must wins from here on out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Continuity and Consistency is what's at hand!!! Stay the course keep winning keep improving. Get up so you can insert second and possibly third stringers to get real gametime experience. Ravens are gonna play hard and fast may have a few more injuries to deal with. The game of the season right here folks and nationally televised at that. Steelers gotta dominate all 4 Qtrs no more nailbiters needing a field goal to win. Need to win by no less than a touchdown. We are the most healthy and focused than we've been in a couple years the arrow point up.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    One thing is a constant, as a team, never be scared of anybody, make them fear you, and I would bet the bengals are more scared of us than we are of them.......

• Like Like x 1
  22. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    So far for me personally it's shaping up to go down as a great year and an even better 2017. Steelers are real healthy going into the later part of our 2016 schedule, we play a nationally televised game on Christmas day with a heated Division rival. That we'll send us to the postseason. Superbowl 51 is on my Birthday and the last time, that happened we won Superbowl 40 I strongly believe it's gonna happen.Go Steelers!!!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  23. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeap!!! The media as usual!!! is pumping it up as a get even payback statement game for the Bungholes. Like they need to inflect payback from last year Buttfart "Redemption" and the Steelers star players were injured to spoil our playoff run at #7. So we owe them payback inflect injuries as well. I think is gonna be a good clean played game that the Steelers will win convincingly and we suffer no major injuries just bumps and bruises. If any crap starts nip it in the butt. Go Steelers!!!

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    :beathorse::beathorse::beathorse::beathorse::beathorse::beathorse::beathorse:

25. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    synchronized dead horse beating

• Like Like x 1