1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How good can Samuels be?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    And if he has real potential, how many touches can he secure, considering AB, Bell, Ju Ju need/deserve a lot?

Was he more a product of being very versatile in college, as opposed to being all that super talented? How will he be used with the Steelers? How will he even be listed? I've seen him listed as HB, FB and even TE.

If Bell and Conner go down, will he become our main RB? Could he do that job adequately?

What say you?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Looks pretty talented to me.:cool:

3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    On a lot of gadget plays and shuffle passes. Can he thrive in the NFL? I'm not sure. Can he earn taking touches away from Bell?

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Franchise back? No. Every down back? No......but if his versatility is used correctly he can be a productive player. Someone brought up Cotchery and his 10 TDs in another thread and how he was put in a position to succeed....like I said if Samuels versatility is used correctly I can see him being a factor....

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If they put the ball in the EZ I don't care who's name is on the back of the Jersey.:cool:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    He was 2nd fiddle in the backfield in college, but put up impressive numbers nonetheless, especially ypc.....
    I am reminded of another running back that we drafted back in the day out of Penn state who was also the 2nd option...... seems like that one worked out pretty well

7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Kind of strange to me they had him listed as a Tight End his senior year. This guy is obviously a tailback that can catch, which is good.

Ultimately at this point I'm starting to hope the Steelers just ride Bell one more year on the Franchise tag.

Spend that money one the Offensive line and other places. I think our backfield would be find. Could pick up another RB next year if they feel the need. Bell's just asking for too much for too long at what I believe to be on the soon decline from his prime.

8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    My daughter graduated from NC St. So I pay attention to them. I like Samuels, he seems like a versatile guy and a guy with a good football sense. I doubt he can be a replacement for Bell. But I think he can contribute.

9. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I love this kid. I think he's a steal.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Watching that video made me wonder if the Steelers were fooled by Pitt's awful defense making Samuels look good.

11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Time will tell, but he looks like he can make some plays. Young, fresh legs out of college.

I'm going with the younger, cheaper option than the overly inflated ego/priced option.

I think as a team, they can overcome adversity; and imagine them all being there as a team to get better together.

Over the individualistic egos. let it go.

• Like Like x 1