1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How early to arrive for Training Camp?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Jul 22, 2019.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I posted last year asking some questions about visiting training camp (driving up from Ohio), but we ended up not being able to go, so we're going this year.

We are going mid-week (Wednesday/Thursday), but with each session starting at 2:55 PM, how early should we plan on getting there? Is it the kind of thing that we need to be there 2 hours early for, or are we fine getting there 30 to 45 minutes before it starts?

Also, is it worth going 2 days instead of just 1?

2. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    There are 3 reasons to get there early, 1) getting a good location to sit and watch the action ( if you want to find shade you need to get there early), 2) see and participate in all of the extra stuff, like merchandise tent, spin the wheel for a prize game, ect. stuff like that. 3) better parking spot-although everybody parks in a big field so this is not as important. I have gone many years so I just get there about a half hour early as I age. It is always fun, but usually a long hot day, so the earlier you get there the longer day it is. Now a days as soon as the day ends, as all the kids line up for autographs, me and my family are heading for one of the local watering holes for dinner! Tip: Bring Binoculars, water, a chair for everybody and a sun hat, and a Terrible Towel!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks for the tips!

5. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I've gone the last 4 years, usually go half hour before practice. If you bring chairs, there's plenty of spots to park it. You can get in the stands later also as folks leave, go do activities, shop. The question is, when do you leave to get a spot along the bar at Sharkys for happy hour.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks. Sounds like as long as we get there a little early, we should be fine.