1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How does CBS......

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Myronwemissyinz, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    get this wrong???......They reported JoPa was dead...HOW DO YOU GET THAT WRONG????.....First is NOT best CBS.........GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    CBS wasnt the 1st to report it. They just followed the news like about a dozen other sites.
    this was the 1st reporters
    OnwardState.com was actually the first

3. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    ... get this wrong.....You are CBS .....You confermed this story(Joe PA) than 10 min took it back.....High School journalism...Come on!!!

4. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    As a journalist....YOU CONFIRM....I want to know what Im going public with is true!!!.....CBS looks like crap on this story!!

5. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe CBS "NEWS" editors should take note of what responsable journalism means by the actions of this young editor!

A letter from the Managing Editor of Onward State:

Earlier this evening, Onward State reported that Joe Paterno had passed away. However, the mountain of evidence stacked opposite that report is too much to ignore. At this time, I would like to issue a retraction of our earlier tweets.

I never, in a million years, would have thought that Onward State would be cited by the national media, and today, I sincerely wish it never had been. To all those who read and passed along our reports, I sincerely apologize for misleading you. To the Penn State community and to the Paterno family most of all, I could not be more sorry for the emotional anguish I am sure we caused. There are no excuses for what we did. We all make mistakes, but it’s impossible to brush off one of this magnitude. Right now, we deserve all of the criticism headed our way.

In this day and age, getting it first often conflicts with getting it right, but our intention was never to fall into that chasm. All I can do now is promise that in the future, we will exercise caution, restraint, and humility.

I can only hope and pray that the outstanding work our writers and photographers do on a day-to-day basis is not overshadowed by the events of tonight. I understand that our reputation is in serious question, but I hope you will continue to stand by us as we do everything in our power to make amends.

To begin that process, I will be stepping down from my post as Managing Editor, effective immediately. I take full responsibility for the events that transpired tonight, and for the black mark upon the organization that I have caused.

I ask not for your forgiveness, but for your understanding. I am so very, very, sorry, and we at Onward State continue to pray for Coach Paterno.

Sincerely,

Devon Edwards

CBS take note....This young man has more journalistic integrity than any person who has ever cashed a check from CBS editorial department!!!!!

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep cbs sucks except when it is football season