1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you think we perform coming out of the bye?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelers5859, Oct 4, 2013.

1. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I for one hate by weeks. We seem to come out flatter then ever. It's like coming out to start the season. I don't know what our record is coming out of a bye but I don't think it's that good. This team seems like it can't get motivated at home, during an opener or after a bye week.

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think we win the game... but barely. Then again, I thought the same about the Vikings game.

People just don't want to accept that the team isn't very good. It's not "coming out flat" it's not a lack of effort, it's not coaches sabotaging the team... It's a lack of talent.

3. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
  4. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think this is the sad truth, the team has been good at taking care of aging veterans but at the expense of the team as a whole. Letting K. Lewis walk was bad but I don't think any amount of money would have helped as he wanted to be somewhere warm in the winter. Maybe this changes how we draft, instead of best player available , we draft actual needs. I know when they got Jarvis Jones I began to worry as the coaches obviously don't believe in Worlids or Sylvester so there isn't too much depth at the LBer position and the defensive line is a mess, Keisel is old and Ziggy can't get it done and Heyward isn't beating Ziggy out so that has to be addressed. I think SBD is 100% correct, they aren't coming out flat, the level of talent that needs to be in place isn't there so look for more of the same.

5. dupree

dupree New Member

Oct 4, 2013

I don't know how well perform, I hope LeBeau starts going back to press coverage thats what we need to do against this rookie.

That said, I know you asked what our record is coming out of a bye, under Tomlin its 5-1, last time we lost coming out of a bye was 2007

6. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    We lose to the Jets on the road, the Ravens at home then another loss @ Oakland.. :yawn: i'm getting sleepy i'll finish the rest of my predictions later...

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers get their first win of the season against the Jets. Playing against a rookie QB the defense better get some takeaways Geno Smith is not that good and he throws a lot of interceptions.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I disagree, I think there is talent, perhaps not elite talent but enough to be playign better than they are. They have had their fair share of gaffes and seem snake bit but I think if Tomlin, DL and Haley identify what they need to do and stop they whole "We are who we are and this is what we do" mentality and attack the opponent you could see them string together not only a successful game but maybe a couple of wins.

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm feeling good about having some veterans on this oline.

I hope this defense figures itself out. I got to believe the tackling in the secondary will be better. We need to attack the QB more creatively too.

I think we get the win.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I want to see some highlight plays from our young guys. I think it's there. JJ has flashed. I want to see Williams flash some more. I want to see the land shark make some plays. wheaton needs to break a couple. bell to take it up another notch. we have to many role players. we need some play makers.

I hope levi brown brings a bad attitude with him and it rubs off. velasco plays nasty too. we need some more of that. sanders needs to find some fire. Timmons is another. Woodley,hood,mclendon we need some more fire in they're games too. get some mean on defense, and offense. that's what I want to see after the bye.:cool:

11. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
  12. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    If we lose the turnover battle we won't win
    we would be 3-1 or 2-2 at least if we got some turnovers or stopped them

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    This team should never have a bye playing like this.

If they dont beat the Jets then the year is over.

Play ever game like its your last is what I say

Bman

14. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    We haven't changed much, same defense who seem to get tired after a couple of series, same offensive line, but will Levi Brown be an improvement, will see, maybe an improvement at running back., . Same Ben who is the one bright light on this team. Same wide outs but we do have Miller back...... So IMO an improvement at running back, tight end, and a great QB, is that enough to win and have an improved performance, will see.......I really think this teams problem is starting to shift the the defense, where they seem like they are one step slower and have problems tackling.

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm hoping cortez allen can get back to form and gay can move back to where we brought him in to play. I think this will help the defense some.:cool:

16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think we'll either:
    a) look like a totally different team and destroy the Jets, which will launch our improbable playoff run; OR
    b) look exactly like we looked prior to the bye week, an underperforming, overmatched, unprepared and untalented team in for a very LOOONG season.

How's that for going out on a limb? :smiley1:

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    no gray area jack?:lolol::cool:

18. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Nope. It'll be one extreme or the other, lol.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think if the team gets some stability out of the line, they will turn things around, if Ben has to keep running for his life, going to be more of the same.

But I am in danger of sounding like Jack there so I will go one step further and say they thump the Jets and go on a run.

20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey! What's wrong with sounding like me? :smiley1:

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: Hey, I understand your hesitation, you went out on a limb last game and the team torched you for it :facepalm:

22. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Boy they did, didn't they? I'm not really as pessimistic as you might think. I even remember thinking the Steelers could win even during some of the dark 80s seasons. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I still believe we can make a run this year. Our offense has shown some signs of life the last couple of games and I'm hopeful that the Vikes game was just an anomaly for our defense. We shall see.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it was. I get what people are talking about with our defense but they rarely take us out of a game like that.

24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    But we do need to start forcing some turnovers and getting to the QB more often. If we can do that we'll start winning some games.

25. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012