1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

how do you like your crow?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Merry Christmas to us fans yes. I guess we are just misunderstood Mac?

2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    None for me thanks. I'm standing by what I've said.

I've defended Colbert for years dating back to the old board in debates with Del but I'd be in favor for a change at GM with one of the guys I've mentioned.

I've defended Tomlin from day one until my last thread I started. I try not to be a reactionary, I still think Tomlin is a good coach and his job has not been in danger at all. My issue is two fold. He doesn't seem to run his practices as well as other top coaches as evidenced by the wrath Geathers took for being too excited in his 1st practice with us and our loss to the saints after the bye week, which seems to be a cancer here, we need to never have another bye week. Secondly its his roster control/player development. I've been very clear on this point on multible occasions.

I will regress on a point. Its the play of Wil Allen over Shamarko. Troys play has been way under par for him. He seems slower, lost at times and his tackling is poor. He's again been injured missing games and in an article by Ed B. Tomlin seemed to realize this was going to be the case in training camp. Allen replaces both SS & FS with ease making few mistakes. Sharks time will come next year when he replaces Allen and Allen replaces Troy.

As a fan and Supporter of this team I reserve the right to get upset and voice my complaints as I see fit with the limited knowledge of what's going on.

I said this team will go as far as Ben/Bell/Brown takes us and I stand by that. We have a Superbowl team on offense and hats off to Haley/Munchak as the biggest part of that.

Defense,... Glad to see James return as an effective OLBer but remember he was going against a 23 yr old Eric Fisher who only has 1 yr of experience. We still have no-one to replace him and Worilds is gone after this season. There were positives, stopping Charles, red-zone defense, turnovers, no killer big plays and hopefully they feed off this against the bungles because in the playoffs---everyone is good and we'll need the defense to be there if we want ring #7.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!!!!!!

Cajun-

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Cowher stayed after missing the playoffs for 3 straight seasons, and he had some losing seasons as well. Tomlin wasn't going to get fired even if they missed the playoffs.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They beat the Bengals another convincing win against a playoff team.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't disagree with many of your points Cajun, but interested by this point - after all, we're pretty good coming off the bye under Tomlin http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...s-after-a-bye-week-typically-equates-to-a-win

For the rest of the thread - I'm pretty much with mac on this one. Let's see how far we get and the manner with which we do it. For now, let's be happy that we've qualified in a league which is precariously unpredictable.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Nice. After the season looked on the downside again, they are in the post season. I'll take it!