1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do We Beat The Broncos?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Jan 2, 2012.

1. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I have a feeling this game will be tougher than we think. The fans will be wild in Denver, we are still having issues with injuries and Denver's defense is pretty darn good. Also, is Tebow due for a good game? His last two games were pathetic. Our defense has been so good lately but are they due to have a bad game? I'm actually a little nervous right now.

How do we beat them? I noticed alot of people are talking about Baltimore or New England already and we have not been focusing on playing in Denver.

2. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Score more points than they do. Pretty simple.

3. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    By showing up. It may not be a blowout, but we will not lose this game.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This may be a Madden answer, but we need to score points!!!

Tebow will not beat our defense. Only way Steelers lose is if the Ben and the offense fails to score points and lets it become a one possession game in the late 4th quarter because then it will be Tebow Time.

We need score quick and put the game out of hand early.

5. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't feel this game will be a problem anymore. Look at what happens when the Broncos play decent teams...they lose pretty bad.

If we don't turn it over I say we win with ease. :cool:

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Here's the problem with this game, Steelers have a habit of letting teams stick around, if the game is close at the end it may be Tebow time again. He's been struggling as of late though, just hope we keep the pressure on him and make him beat us with the pass instead of letting him run all over the place.

7. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    normally, i would think we'd destroy them. unfortunately, we've looked pretty damn bad lately on the offensive side of the ball. they've got a decent defense. we play poorly out west. could be similar to last sunday's cleveland game. fortunately, i think we'll stomp 'em. 27-9.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we do exactly like KC did, contain Tebow in the pocket
    Anybody that thinks Denver is just going to roll over and let us win is crazy?
    They get paid also, Contain Tebow in the pocket and protect Ben,Give him time
    to make plays. I think we will be OK.

9. SteelChampions

SteelChampions Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Other than the obvious score more points, here is what we need to do to come away with a W

-Pressure and contain tebow
    -avoid costly turnovers
    -run the ball
    -protect ben
    -win the special teams/field position battle

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes - we can't let him do a Seneca Wallace on us. Tebow tends to scramble straight away though, rather than sitting, then running. So hopefully we can contain him. I think he will struggle with Troy as well.

Not to state the obvious, but I'm hoping for a blowout - this team could do with some confidence boosting. The Cleveland game wasn't the best way to finish a season, even if a win's a win.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think 43 plays spy on tee bow and we win easy

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

13. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Sadly to say, I think this game is going down to the wire. I believe it will be a defensive struggle. Our offense has really underachieved in the scoring department and I think that continues this week. Our offense will keep Denver in the game and it will come down to a battle between Suisham and Prater.

14. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    :this!: This will be the key to victory.

15. RJS1

RJS1 Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Don't turn the ball over.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolsign: I was thinking what the hecks he talking about, did I spell that wrong. Took me a sec to figure out :huh:

17. Steel Blitz

Steel Blitz Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Hi Everybody! I hope you all had a great Christmas and Thanksgiving!!

Here's all I'm going to say about the Broncos game. I've talked trash all year about how I think Tebow is simply a subpar QB with a polarizing personality and career. I live in Florida and work with MANY U of F alumni, so I have to hear about this guy all the time. How do we beat the Broncos?? Well, I've said this same line regarding many of our other games, so it seems most appropriate for this one:

"Beat Tebow into submission early and often."

I want Tebow so shaken up by halftime that fizz is running our of his ears. Blitzes up the middle, over the top, off the edge, from the backside.....

okay, I think I've made my point.

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :lolsign: I was thinking what the hecks he talking about, did I spell that wrong. Took me a sec to figure out :huh:[/quote:3eje0uo2]
    I'm glad to see we can at least maintain a sense of humor when it comes to this highly volatile BA situation. I think too often some people feel it's some type of vendetta against the man,when it's not. I'm pretty sure we all (exceptt for maybe bigsteelfaninky, he seems to have his BA goggles firmly implanted) want what's best for this team and thats with or without BA.

19. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Then I think steelers lose. Prater can really boom them :-(

20. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm glad to see we can at least maintain a sense of humor when it comes to this highly volatile BA situation. I think too often some people feel it's some type of vendetta against the man,when it's not. I'm pretty sure we all (exceptt for maybe bigsteelfaninky, he seems to have his BA goggles firmly implanted) want what's best for this team and thats with or without BA.[/quote:2h983nz5]

Yep. I think a lot of us actually do it kind of over the top to tweak the apologists just a bit. :) It's kind of fun. Reminds me of the Kordell days. :roflmao: Besides, these forums are always more fun when we have something to argue over.

I remember there even being a "Fire Bill Cowher" argument going until we finally got over the hump. I stayed out of that one (I think, can't remember wading into that pool). I liked the guy too much.

21. sologig

sologig Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    okay, what are the rules and does James Harrison know them yet? Keep Tebow in the pocket and get hit?Tebow gets out and runs and he gets hit? Is he a runner?A thrower?Is he protected or nnot at what time?This is gonna slow James down alot and i would hope he doesn't miss the game the following weel because of the silliness in penalty calling.

22. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is game will be SOLELY decided on how well our Offense plays.

23. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Keep Tebow from running and the Donkeys are done.

24. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope we find a way to score points on offense?Turnovers on Defense will help alot. GO STEELERS!!

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011