1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How did we pass on ha ha Clinton Dix

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Jan 18, 2015.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Maybe his Mama had just watched Sling Blade? :shrug:

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALnDV8HsaXk&feature=player_embedded

Vaughan Cunningham: I'm just going to say it. I'm gay. Does that surprise you that I'm gay? You know what gay is, don't you?
    Karl: I don't reckon.
    Vaughan Cunningham: [quietly] Homosexual. I like men sexually.
    Karl: Not funny 'ha-ha', funny queer.
    Vaughan Cunningham: Well that's a very offensive way to put it. You shouldn't say that. You were taught that, weren't you?
    Karl: I've heard it said that a-way.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ummm Huhhh...

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And one of the reasons why Dick Lebeau is gone today.

4. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Suppose Gilbert fell to the Steeler's pick?
    Considering his problems with the Browns this season, there would be a thread complaining about the Steeler's taking a CB in the 1st round.

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I think Gilbert will probly b a good CB, I think most players on the Browns don't wan't to play for them.. the only Reason Manzeil got drafted where he did, is because of his lil txt to them... Can you imagine if you were a NFL draft prospect, and you haven't been picked, and Clevland is on the clock...:worried: I think if the NFL standrd wasn't to keep your mouth shut and go to the team that picks u , we wouild see a lot of players refusing to play for certain teams .

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I still remember Colt McCoys face on draft day when his name was called by the Browns. He was definitely masking some major disappointment imo.

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Whether those are the real reasons or not, how are either of those things worthy of a pass? It's his job to not lose it in the lights, and knock it down even if it's a high, lobbed pass. He was in position to make the play. It was the slowest pass in history. He could have challenged for the ball easily, or he could have nailed the dude as soon as he touched it, and probably kept him short of the goal line. He FROZE, and did neither thing, and somehow just stood there. That's completely his fault.

Imagine a running back running into the end zone for the winning score, with no defenders around. He trips over his own legs and falls down. Then you say, "Looks to me like his left foot bumped into his right foot, and that's what caused him to fall. I'd give him a pass on that one." Um, no, no pass.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Another major gaffe in that game was made by Lacy, when he turned his back on his hobbled QB instead of waiting for the pitch, because you know, my hobbled QB is a much better option than myself :facepalm:

Lacy could have taken that for a huge gain, there was nobody around. That team totally imploded, dumb play after dumb play.

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have played some corner so I understand the throw was a crazy throw and a ball you could easily loose track off. He may have never seen that angle of a throw with that arch in his entire Football career . He couldn't tell where it was going to land. Doesn't mean he is a bad CB.

In reality it was more like a punt and trust me not just any CB or DB can field punts .Now if I was grading him on that I would fail him and he wouldn't return punts but as a CB I will give him a pass because odds are he will never see that throw again in his career .

Furthermore the only QB in the NFL who can throw it like that is Wilson .

10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh 1 more thing if he wasn't aware where he was on the field and the WR had already made the catch they could flag him for a late hit , which might allow the Hawks to pin them deep and make getting the FG tougher.

Or pass interference and give them another shot at it even closer . Lots of reasons not to try and make a play on such a crazy ball and again in no way does that effect his ability to play CB.

The Coach is the reason the Team lost not the players . He coached scared and the players lived up to it .Seen it a bunch in my days . Sadly from our Team to.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You should coach and play in the NFL, PWP.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :eek:

I guess only our DB's are held accountable. Holy mackerel, the players couldn't be anymore responsible for that loss.

Failed break up of 2 pt conversion
    Failed to secure onside kick, which by the way, the player took responsibility for blowing his assignment, he was supposed to block so Jordy could catch it.
    Lacy bailing out on his QB when he needed to dump it off.
    Failing to tackle Lynch along the side lines, the TD was reversed but that doesn't excuse the effort on that miss tackle, worst attempt I've ever seen.

I'll let some of the blame fall on the coaches for the 3rd and 29, that was a ridiculous defense to call but the players still should be ashamed for giving up that first down.

13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm pretty sure as a CB, most of the plays they make ONLY looking at the receiver (backs to the ball) they are covering...... which Dix did not do, he made a play on a ball he couldn't see? Ok you can't see it, do like you do nearly every other play, watch the TE and go defend the ball from him. Sorry, I'm not a coach or a player.... but it sure seems like common sense to me. As I recall, there were TWO receivers and TWO CB's to cover them. I usually respect your opinion PWP, just think in this case you are in the wrong, just my opinion though.

14. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    say his name "Clinton-Dix", about ten times and you'll understand why, it's HA-HA funny. :cool:

15. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Its kool . I blame the Coach for not going for it early in the game and putting the game away. It is common sense for the CB to either play the man or the ball that's true . He had good coverage on the man and looked for the ball and couldn't truly judge it.

As stated above that pass was more like a punt IMO and fielding punts is 1 of the hardest things to do in all of Football .

I say he just couldn't judge it because of the type of throw others say he just blew the coverage.Either way not a career does 1 play make and yes I would give my CB a pass if he played for me, and kick my own butt for not being aggressive enough early in the game. That's all I'm saying.

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    TY for your vote of confidence . I may look into some College work , but don't think I would enjoy the NFL as much.