1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How did Anthony Chickillo do against Browns?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Just found out today that Anthony played some OLB against the Brownies. I totally missed the game and had no means to watch it.

How did he do?

2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He looked like a rookie getting his first snaps, but at least showed some hustle and "get-off". I have high hopes for the kid becoming a solid, low-price guy to work into the OLB rotation.

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Thanks Ender. I hope he makes it.. Seems to have the right attitude to be good .

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was at the game and keyed on him. He definitely plays until the whistle and did not seem to be overpowered or out of position. But at the same time, nothing sensational.

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Sounds like Jarvis Jones.

6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    For his first time he did just okay. Agree was not overpowered, just had some hesitation in his pass rush, which is expected. Almost like he was thinking too much and not just playing. Would like to see more to see if he gets more comfortable.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He needs real reps to improve. I'd like to see what he could do working with Harrison during an offseason. Is there a rule that players can't seek out the position coaches for help in the off-season?

Say a guy wants some assistance from Joey Porter. Can he call him and say hey I'm going to be at this location can you come out and give me some tips?

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This is a big statement and what I mean is here he is in his 1st real game and it isn't to much of a drop off from Jones. I am not dumping on JJ where I am going with this is if he can do now close to what JJ has done after 4 years that is great from several views. JJ is a FA in the off season if we get the same production from a rookie then that will help our salary cap. Lord knows every year we are looking for ways to get under and this would be a good start....bye bye JJ!

• Agree Agree x 1