1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How can a player who never even made all conference be the first pick in the entire draft?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, May 4, 2022.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    The Jags reached big time on average player surrounded by superstars who actually had performance at the college level. Jags being the Jags. Is not good to always think your the smartest in the room.

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Good for them!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    How @Ytownsteeler?! Allow me to explain in two, very simple words. It is very easy to understand once you understand how.

Trent.

Baalke.

That is it!! No seriously... that is it. This is not accounting for the quitter in Doug Pederson either?! Do not understand what I mean by quitter?

Go back into 2020 for the final Eagles game between them and the Cowboys. You will understand what I mean. Box score does not tell the whole story either.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He made 2019 Freshman All SEC...

Seriously he's probably a bit too tall to be an outside rusher in the NFL. Probably call him a DE and move him around like with JJ Watt. He does have some great measurables though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Agree on him being inadequate as a 3-4 Rush 'Backer. His lack of bend is the least of my concerns compared to his overall lack of a pass rush plan. That said, Defensive Coordinator Mike Caldwell has worked with different styles of 3-4 Defenses before in addition to different styles of EDGE based players; Arizona and Tampa Bay being two of his most recent spots. In addition, I still stand by what I said about Trayvon Walker in my final write up; more of a multi role Front Seven Chess Piece than he is a dominant force. That versatility is nice but personally speaking.. he is best served with his hand in the dirt as a pure see 'em, pure get 'em, 4-3 DE.

However, being Freshman All SEC and First Team All SEC are two different aspects as I am sure you know. For example, Myles Garrett was not just Freshman All SEC but also First Team All SEC as well as First Team All American.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I know, I didn't use the sarcasm font color.

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Ah...

Gotcha.