1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How bad do you want SB #7?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersWorld, Jun 24, 2016.

1. SteelersWorld

SteelersWorld Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I want number 7 so bad I can taste it. I especially want it before another team ties us at 6, so this year should be a prime year to go big or go home.

Here are a few high-level things I think we need to do this year to improve our chances of getting number 7:

1. Stay healthy
    2. Trounce the teams that we are clearly better than, no mercy.
    3. Beat the teams we that are are evenly matched with
    4. Stay competitive (and hopefully defeat) teams that might be better than us.
    5. Win the Division....please god, win the division.

I know there's more to it than that, but we need to once and for all stop losing games we should win.

2. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This year we should have our best chance in years and probably a better chance than next year, given free agency and Ben getting older. If our big three "B's" stay healthy and the defense secondary works out then we should win this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    i feel that if we dont get it this year, we will have to wait until bens replacement comes around

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Why wouldn't next year be just as good -- if not better?

Le'Veon a year stronger, our o-line an extra year together, get Martavis back, Ladarius with another year in our system, Shazier/Cam/Tuitt young and healthy, improved secondary . . . think Ben's production falls off a cliff after this year?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Burn the witch!

No, yeah. This. This year is what I see as the beginning of a superstar era of 2-3 seasons. IF Martavis is back and in form and over his issues, and Ladarius really is that Mazarati @ TE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm ready for a run at #7. I think the team is well situated. Last year they started the season without Bell. This year they do not have Bryant. He is a very talented receiver and will be missed. I do hope that Coates can step up to be a solid #3 receiver. I expect Wheaton to do a fine job at #2. TE is another question. Have they filled Heath's shoes? I hope so. If they all stay healthy, this offense will take a huge leap over last year's numbers. There were just so many injuries last year. It would be so nice to get a top 2 seed with the bye week. As for the defense, I believe they will be better. More maturation for Dupree, Jones, and Shazier. LB crew should be stout. I expect DL to be strong, with McCullers, he comes off the field a lot anyway when they put in an extra CB. As for the DBs, they can only get better. If they are healthy, there are several talented players who have yet to see the field. I trust the coaches to make a rotation that holds their own. Special teams - once again - just stay healthy! If they can do that, this team has a real good shot at getting #7.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This year or next we will win one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    #1A. Hide all the bones - no more lame off-season distractions

9. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
    I wish I had your optimism.

There are just too many good teams in the NFC. I think we could rule the AFC for the next 4-5 years as long as NE begins a decline. Unfortunately, there are some damn good teams in the NFC (Seattle, Carolina, Green Bay, Arizona). Fortunately, we'd only have to play one of 'em in the final game.

10. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Will we lose Timmons, bell, pouncey to free agency? Martavis may be gone for good. Not sure about Ben after this season. Ladarius is a question mark.

Of course I hope for success in two years, but?................

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
    Martavis is definitely a question mark.

Timmons could be gone but I'm guessing he's on the downside of his career. Perhaps there is a James Farrior out there we can plug and play after he's gone.

I don't know that Pouncey really has the leverage to command enough on the free agent market to leave the Burgh what with his injury history and all. Then again, maybe he'll leave for Miami and take twinning over winning.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Le'Veon. I feel like we'll lock up all the necessary pieces. We've let high-priced free agents walk in the past (Mike Wallace, Keenan Lewis) but they were replaceable. I don't know that Le'Veon is. I believe our front office understands that. They've certainly earned our confidence that they'll get it right.

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I want it as bad as I want my Cubbies to win the World Series. That should tell you how bad I want it.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    pretty bad
    it's been a few years since the last one
    and
    i really need to rub it in the face of some of the people i know
    so,
    yeah
    pretty bad
    i want it
    789 can't come soon enuff.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    As much as any other year. Should have a good shot at it over the next few seasons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Pouncey signed a longterm contract a few years ago, they could use the franchise tag on Bell.

16. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
    I don't know. I think I wanted the one for the thumb more than I've wanted just about anything else in my entire life.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Why is six afraid of seven? Because 7,8,9. GET IT DUDE!? DO YOU GET IT?!

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    To quote Joe Greene;

"You always want to get to the next Super Bowl. Once you won it... it becomes contagious.. and you want more and more.."

Need any other Steeler fan say more?

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This year or next you maybe correct. And that wait maybe veeeeeeery long.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I believe it was actually last off season?

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Pouncey has 4 years left on his 5 year contract, he will be a FA in 2020:

Maurkice Pouncey signed a 5 year, $44,136,625 contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including a $13,000,000 signing bonus, $13,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,827,325. In 2016, Pouncey will earn a base salary of $3,500,000 and a roster bonus of $3,500,000. Pouncey has a cap hit of $10,551,000 while his dead money value is $15,104,000.

• Like Like x 1
  22. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

OMG this makes me vomit

23. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why not both? That's what my vote is for

24. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The two superbowls we lost haunt me more today than anything, we were good enough to win them both, but two pick sixes by O'Donnell in Superbowl XXX, and a pick six by Ben in Superbowl XLV and players like Ward Harrison and Polamalu coming up short on the big stage makes that game the most painful to remember, but the fact is both of those superbowls were winnable and if we had won them we would be talking about how bad do we want to win number #9....

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...l-super-bowl-history-steelers-packers-cowboys

25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah I want it bad.

My wish list is:

1. Go 14-2 in reg season.
    2. Beat the Patsies twice in style.
    3. Beat a hated team like the Cowgirls in the S.B.

Come on, is that asking too much? We can do it.

• Like Like x 1