1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How about one more Sweed tryout?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCityDynasty, Feb 25, 2012.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was REALLY excited about Limas Sweed when he first came in but it's time to let him go. Don't we need all the money we can get our hands on right now anyway? He's had his opportunieS and failed. That's just the reality of it to me. But I do hate to say that.

2. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I have no problem bringing him in for a tryout. Why not? I'm just not going to get excited or get my hopes up this time. ;-)

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Sweed would get his chance, then would get hurt in camp.

4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It really comes down to this.....would you rather spend a draft pick on a tall WR to be the potential #4 or #5 WR....or just get this guy off the street to try and be it. What street FA would be better, cost as little, and have the potential to excel that Sweed might.

I really liked what I saw out of Stephen Hill at the combine....yes that speed got my attention...but I thought he caught the ball well, and showed well in the drills as well.....he did well in the few games I watched of GT this year...but there was not much to look at...think he caught 6 balls...and 4 were in a blowout "preseason" game against Western Carolina......but do you want to use a draft pick on him or anyone else...to be buried on the depth chart?

I say no....unless you really feel Wallace is gone.

HACK

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree with Hack....There is really no reason not to look at Sweed again,I would also like to see Lyons in camp again.....As I stated in the other thread if Wallace is gone we can draft a Big WR in the 2nd. if we trade for more picks....If that happens my money is on Brian Quick....

Hack have you seen the tape on him?If not check it out he really snatches the FB out of the air....He has all the tools to be a huge Redzone Threat in the NFL....Plus the big bonus is he is a great Run Blocker as well....

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Has anyone done any research on what Sweed is doing? Is he even interested in playing. All this talk could be fore nothing. Heck several of the people that are wanting him to come to camp don't even know he's not even on the team anymore.

7. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    no. they're living four years in the past.

hyping up limas sweed in february and march has become a rite of passage in the steelers message board world. it'll flatline for a couple weeks after the draft but somebody will inevitably shatter the glass and bust out the difibulators in may or june.

8. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I have tried to find info on if Sweed is even interested in football anymore...and can't find a thing...so maybe he is not....but considering the Steelers are down to only 2 of there 6 WRS from last year under contract...It makes even more sense to bring him back in...the only reason he did not produce more was BA and depth...and both are now gone.

HACK