1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How about one more Sweed tryout?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCityDynasty, Feb 25, 2012.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If they pay him then obviously he is good enough to be on the team. So no harm.[/quote:1ifcfx40]
    Guess you'll want to retract your statement that nobody is saying make him #1 receiver?

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Guess you'll want to retract your statement that nobody is saying make him #1 receiver?[/quote:5vqxa1r7]

Why would I want to retract it? Shaner said he has the talent to be a #1, not bring him to camp and make him a #1 straight away. I still haven't read one good reason not to take another look at him in camp. As I stated earlier in this thread, I'm not holding my breath but it's definitely worth taking another look, he was doing very well last ST up until he got hurt. I don't know why you are so set against it, he's not being given any of our current WR's job. He'll have to earn it.

3. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't pee in his mouth if his throat were on fire
    Translates to I wouldn't touch him

4. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    that sounds more like a description of nate washington. i don't remember sweed catching anything. i do remember some huge drops though.

5. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    the move has tons of upside because limas sweed is a 'zero.'

it had tons of upside the first, second, third, and fourth time as well. yeah, there IS downside. it's keeping a later-round draft find like emmanuel sanders out of camp.

people have the audacity to complain about duce staley in a sweatsuit? at least staley was even remotely effective for a new york second. all limas sweed did was suck, drop passes, and get hurt while taking up a roster spot and hundreds of thousands of dollars. still, this guy SOMEHOW has some sort of weird cult following.

confusing.

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It was preseason but i remember him make a couple of circus catches then it was like to plays later and wide open and he dropped it. What is so frustrating is he has the hardest part down he fets open. I really think if he stayed healthy last year he would have made the team. Now im kinda bias becuase i was screaming for him predraft and was really happy we got him. I just dont see any harm in bringing him and say show us what you got.

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Since when is a 3rd round pick a later round....who by the way also has been injured in 2 of his 2 seasons.

HACK

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Well the first time he went on ir was for lyme disease so you cant really blame him gor that one.

9. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Man after all this time Hack is still in love with Sweed....there is a reason he is not on an NFL roster.

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

For the record...I did not even want to draft him.....but once he was there...BA did not give him a fair shake IMO

HACK

11. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    all one can do is laugh about the lovefest for . . . LIMAS SWEED!

it's really unexplainable.

the dude has been a 'Bust' (with a capital 'B') yet any time anyone ever starts a thread about him, it's sure to run several pages deep and turn into a lovefest for the guy.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, cult following, not quite, I just haven't read a good reason not to let the guy come to camp. Confusing indeed :hmmm:

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I thought duece played for the eagles and was tired of splitting time with westbrook

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Guess you'll want to retract your statement that nobody is saying make him #1 receiver?[/quote:24av2u4c]

Why would I want to retract it? Shaner said he has the talent to be a #1, not bring him to camp and make him a #1 straight away. I still haven't read one good reason not to take another look at him in camp. As I stated earlier in this thread, I'm not holding my breath but it's definitely worth taking another look, he was doing very well last ST up until he got hurt. I don't know why you are so set against it, he's not being given any of our current WR's job. He'll have to earn it.[/quote:24av2u4c]
    Guy had four years to show the Steelers what he had and didn't. Sure bring him in so when we cut him again people can complain that Haley didn't give him a fair shake. By the way where is he now?

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    JAMES HARRISON WAS CUT 4 TIMES tomlin gave him a shot in look what happened

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why would I want to retract it? Shaner said he has the talent to be a #1, not bring him to camp and make him a #1 straight away. I still haven't read one good reason not to take another look at him in camp. As I stated earlier in this thread, I'm not holding my breath but it's definitely worth taking another look, he was doing very well last ST up until he got hurt. I don't know why you are so set against it, he's not being given any of our current WR's job. He'll have to earn it.[/quote:2f3f3bo6]
    Guy had four years to show the Steelers what he had and didn't. Sure bring him in so when we cut him again people can complain that Haley didn't give him a fair shake. By the way where is he now?[/quote:2f3f3bo6]

I have no idea, I really didn't know he was still on the team but after thinking about it, he was put on IR, can't cut a guy on IR right? And if they bring him in and cut him, I'll forget about him quicker then a Mike Wallace TD. I just know the guy has a gift for getting separation and 3 of those 4 years he didn't even play.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Please people he was a baby when he was here, no production no nothing
    Steelers wasted enough time on this LOSER.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Actually Cower gave him a shot. I guarantee that Sweed as a second round draft pick was givin more of an opportunity to succeed than Harrison an undrafted free agent was.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why would I want to retract it? Shaner said he has the talent to be a #1, not bring him to camp and make him a #1 straight away. I still haven't read one good reason not to take another look at him in camp. As I stated earlier in this thread, I'm not holding my breath but it's definitely worth taking another look, he was doing very well last ST up until he got hurt. I don't know why you are so set against it, he's not being given any of our current WR's job. He'll have to earn it.[/quote:38v142q7]
    Guy had four years to show the Steelers what he had and didn't. Sure bring him in so when we cut him again people can complain that Haley didn't give him a fair shake. By the way where is he now?[/quote:38v142q7]

I have no idea, I really didn't know he was still on the team but after thinking about it, he was put on IR, can't cut a guy on IR right? And if they bring him in and cut him, I'll forget about him quicker then a Mike Wallace TD. I just know the guy has a gift for getting separation and 3 of those 4 years he didn't even play.[/quote:38v142q7]
    As far as I know he was cut in camp or shotly there after in 2011. I have missed maybe four Steelers games in the last 25 years and I don't remember seeing Sweed play much at least not enough to see him get this great seperation that I keep hearing you talk about.

20. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    No we still had porter tomlin got rid of him drafted timmons to replacethe but out harrison in as the starter and never looked back. Cowher cut harrison three times his first 16 starts came in 07

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You need to get your facts straight. Harrison was cut three times by the Steelers between 2002-2003 He was cut by the Ravens and signed with the steelers in Training camp of 2004 and has remained on the team since. Cower gave him the shot, now he became a full time starter under Tomlin, but he did start 4 regular seasom games under Cower. How many games did Sweed start under any Steeler coach?

22. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Yes and how iften did he se the field under cowher. He started 4 total games under cowher he didnt become a starter until tomlin took over

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So how did Cower not give him a shot then?

24. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    We could have had porter and harrison but instead it was porter and haggans nothing against haggans but harrison is a lot better then him so dont give me that cowher gave him a chance.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sweed 7 career receptions for 69 yards. Yeah lets find out where he's at and resign him. While were at it maybe we can get Huey Richardson back. Oh and maybe we can get Jamain Stephens too. Can't bring every player back just because the were supposed to be good. We have to trust that the coaches know what they are doing.