1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hounds -> MLS

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Animus, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think its super important for the Hounds to get to MLS. It's more revenue generated for the city plus the relevancy of the Pirates keeps on dwindling. There is a soccer market in Pittsburgh large enough to support the Hounds and a large enough casual sports base that can convert to being a casual soccer fan with relative ease. The Hounds or any soccer team realistically needs about 15k-20k attendance a game to be relatively successful. Even the bulk of Euro clubs are averaging that range, with the exception of 5 or 6 clubs in each of the top 5 leagues of course.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Heck, the Pirates can't get 15,000 unless they have one of Bob's many promo games. I don't live in the Burgh but family always telling me of the cheap seats they get for Pirate games. For MLS to succeed it would have to be priced right for families.

I could see it happening in the future. There is a generation coming up that are into soccer way more then previous generations have ever been. The young in Pittsburgh are not living in the past of the 70's Pirate BB. Hard for them to get excited about a crap organization.