1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotels near the stadium?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ROBLISBERGER, Apr 26, 2012.

1. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Can anyone help me out with the cheapest hotel as close as possible to the stadium? Comin down in December looking to stay Saturday Sunday and check out Monday?

2. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I usually use hotwire and can get a room for around 75 a night, thing is they dont tell you what hotel till you check out but cabs over are not too hard to find. I know when I book rooms on there that the highest priced room is usually the Omni William Penn the last time I did it I got the Sharaton in station square and that was great just took the clipper over and that was priced at 60-75 a night I think. You can try it with the search being Heinz Field as destination (sp).

3. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I usually stay at the Hyatt Place. Its about 10 minutes from the stadium and is fairly reasonable....runs around $100 and its a pretty nice place

4. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Man, I paid too much when I went if there are hotels for $100 and less on game weekends.
    We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on South Tenth St. Location was great as it is right next to Carson St, which is a hoppin place with tons of bars/restaurants and lots of activity. The Stadium was just a few miles down the road and easy to get to. Def more than $100 though.

5. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    i priceline hotels and have had great success. if you chose the 'downtown' area, all of the hotels are within easy walking distance if you are realitively healthy. i have stayed at all of them and can find something positive about each one. my favorite is the omni but i wouldnt pay the 189 a night just to stay there. the hyatt place right next top pnc park is a fantastic location if you want to run back and forth to your room for whatever reason during tailgating.

6. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We are staying at Springhill Suites. I want to be within walking distance of Heinz Field.

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I booked the hyatt place for this year but their website says they are 0.25 miles from the stadium? But you said 10 minutes?

8. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just a guestimation...regardless, your close!

9. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If you are looking for cheap as in the <$75 a night range then you should head towards the Airport from downtown and stay about 10 miles away up past Greentree. Bridgeville is about 20 minutes away from the stadium and has a bunch of hotels. Good food in town and plenty of watering holes. Anything closer and the prices rise especially when the Steelers are playing.