1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hot Zone

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Blast Furnace, May 27, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh hell yeah, I'll be watching this! I love this kind of stuff. Starts tonight airing on National Geographic.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I read the book several years ago. Scared the :poopy: out of me.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely scary stuff. Probably the only saving grace about this virus is it kills so fast people don't get a chance get on a plane and take it elsewhere.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I loved that book. I had no idea they were doing this. Now I have to check it out.

5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Just watched the trailer. Stan Beeman from "The Americans" and Davos from GoT are both in this. That was my first thought.

My second thought was, "Hmmmm... Noah Emmerich (Stan Beeman) also played Dr. Jenner from the CDC in The Walking Dead. His wife was a viral research doctor who got infected and died from whatever caused the zombies. THIS IS A PREQUEL TO TWD!!!!" :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It was ok, not the gripping experience I thought it would be but their hands were tied since they were adhering to the real life story. The real strain they were investigating in Zaire was crazy though.

Lucky the one that showed up here was a different strain or would have been game over.

Growing up just a stones throw away from Plum Island there was plenty of conspiracy theories and doomsday scenarios.