1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Opener Festivities

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Jul 13, 2016.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Hi All,

I'm coming into town for the home opener against the Bengals weekend of Sept 17th-19th. 2 years ago I did the same thing and there was live music, pep ralley, etc going on.

I'm trying to decide if I should fly in Friday or Saturday. I don't want to miss anything cool so if anyone knows what (if anything) is planned I'd greatly appreciate the info.

I'd love to see the Steelers HOF, last time I was in town I couldn't see it. I have my 2 boys with so any suggestions for fun stuff is also appreciated.

2. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I've been to several home openers and don't ever recall it being any different than any other home game (except for the year after we won XLIII and hosted the NFL Kickoff game).

I think Stage AE always has some pregame entertainment and there always seems to be a live band inside the stadium's Great Hall area.

The Steelers HOF? Not sure what that is unless you mean the Coca-Cola Great Hall. I would also recommend the Heinz History Center for some phenomenal Pittsburgh sports history memorabilia on display. Saw the Immaculate Reception football on display last time I was there.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think there is more excitement in the air than normal this year? Expectations are very high for this team.

I am hoping Steelers can stay healthy, that should lead to good football. And hopefully playoff football.

It should be an electric atmosphere opening weekend. So yea come in early don't miss out on anything.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016