1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Field Advantage

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by InBenWeTrust, Oct 9, 2017.

1. InBenWeTrust

InBenWeTrust Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    I know a lot of you want to panic but the fact remains if we beat the Chiefs this Sunday we will have a great shot at home field and tiebreaker over them. Remember when we got blown out by the Eagles last year? The next week we blew out the Chiefs. All we gotta do is beat them by one point. Go Steelers!

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And all this time we thought you had left us for the Great Beyond Mr. Rodgers!

A wrinkle in your equation there Trust is KC is 5-0 and Pgh is 3-2, so even if miracle of all miracles occurs, Pgh would still be a game behind KC and having to need someone else (plural) to bump them off at least one more times than the Steelers combined losses down the road. Had the Steelers somehow won yesterday (a distant pipe dream in hindsight) - then I'd be leading the charge with you my friend. The math is now our mortal enemy.

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The loss to the Jaguars hurts because it was an AFC matchup. The loss to the Bears didn't matter much. Patriots and Chiefs will get the 1 & 2 seeds. They have the best all around, consistent teams. The Steelers have too many issues. Stopping the run on defense and red zone offense will prevent the Steelers from advancing in the playoffs even if they do win the AFC North.

4. InBenWeTrust

Jan 11, 2016
    Bravo. Make up 1 game on the Chiefs by the end of the year and we will have home field. Crazy but true.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would not be so hasty.

Have to beat New England before we can crown ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. InBenWeTrust

Jan 11, 2016
    We are in control of Home Field. Ben says Hi Haters.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Season ain't over. There's still the Cheaters!

8. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    And many other games between now and then..... one at a time, baby!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If we keep playing like we did tonight and beat the Cheaters later on, then we are going places.

10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If we just win all the rest of our games this season, we'll win the super bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  11. InBenWeTrust

Jan 11, 2016
    This is it my bretheren. This next game is for home field. Protect the house. Make em say “how do you win all these close games and blow out the pats”.