1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Holy... Kareem Hunt video

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Girl tried to attack him. Dude has to defend himself somehow.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think he will be booted from the league, he should get a lengthy suspension 8-10 games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

What video did you watch? Hunt shoved her. Then came over and kicked her when she was clearly injured. The guys a pos.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Adam Schefter

7 mins ·
    Facebook Creator
    ·
    ‪Chiefs’ RB Kareem Hunt officially is being placed on the Commissioner’s Exempt list, per source.‬ Hunt may not practice, play or attend games. The NFL’s‬ investigation, which began immediately following the incident in February, will include a‬ review of the new information that was made public today, per @DanGrazianoESPN.‬

They have beem investigating this since Feb,,What a load of BS the NFL has become

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Wouldnt be surprised if belichick was the guy who was behind the releasing of the footage.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp. He's only being punished because it was made public and thus would sully the NFL's name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But idk what to take from this. He was questioned by the cops that night and I'm sure they saw the footage. They didnt feel the need to intervene any further so idk what to take from it. But this is a huge blow to kc. But I dont see them suspending him into the playoffs. Probably will be gone the rest of the regular season which they can get by without him.

8. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Kareem Hunt has been released.....okie dokie

9. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    And suddenly....Chiefs are no longer a sure SB bet.

10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I quickly scanned an article about the incident. Apparently, these two girls were Kent State students that Hunt and a friend met somewhere, party, bar? Hunt became agitated when the one girl told him they were 19, he refused to let them in his room. They became angry when he refused to give them a ride back to Kent State, then this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Man we gotta beat NE finally. I like our chances against KC with them not having hunt. Me personally I would have waited to release him as this is the NFL and superbowls dont come around often. But oh well.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wow, I didn't think they would release him. If Rueben Foster got claimed, some team will pick up Hunt.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yep

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm just waiting on some nutjob KC fans, or some other loonies out there coming to Hunts defense..

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I am surprised and impressed by the Chiefs' decision to cut him. Of course, they are saying they did it because he lied to them about the incident, not because he assaulted a woman.

The Steelers better take care of business. One of the toughest remaining games on the Ravens' schedule, next week against the Chiefs, just got a lot easier for Baltimore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Well here's how the Commissioner's exempt List works, and what it is used for, according to Ian Rappaport:

"The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List."

Basically, it is used for players who have ongoing legal issues that need to be resolved. So, if I understand this correctly, Hunt can't be signed by another team until he is removed from this list.

I can't answer why Foster wasn't placed on this list, but I can surmise that the video in Hunt's case is all but indefensible, therefore the league and the Chiefs know that Kareem has some 'splainin' to do.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I'll tell you one thing that crossed my mind, and it is no defense of Hunt's actions, but I wonder if he thought he was being set-up?

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm not impressed. I think they knew exactly what happened all along. Goodell too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I guess im not getting what your saying, I havnt read any articals on this just snipits on FB.

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't doubt it, but I think there are some teams that would have let him sit the rest of the season on the Commissioner's exempt list and waited to see if they could justify bringing him back next season. That is what I expected the Chiefs to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, I watched the video and rather quickly read the article. My take was that Hunt and a friend met these two girls the same night the incident happened. When Hunt found out they were only 19, he wouldn't let them in his room, or give them a ride back to Kent State. What I meant was that maybe at some point Hunt thought these girls thought they could shake him down for money for any number of reasons, drugs, sex, etc. Most likely though, they were all drunk, and Hunt became agitated because he wanted them to leave, words were exchanged, then the pushing and kicking.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    My bet is on philly if they are still in the hunt around this time.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That would be inexcusable for any team to do, after the video surfaced. It's no longer 'he said/she said', it's a maniac chasing a girl around smacking and kicking on her despite his own crew trying to subdue him. Disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :facepalm:

I am going to have a rant thread tomorrow guys. Had a very good day and I believe that it would be best if I can store and save all my pent up emotion of seething rage, anger, hatred and most importantly, sadness for a thread not just pertaining to this but the NFL as a whole.

Stay tuned!

• Agree Agree x 2