1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF nominees.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Sep 13, 2017.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The Steelers have 7 this year...but, with lil ray ray (the sellout), Urlacher, and Moss on the same ballot ... do any of them have a chance of getting in? We have Ward, Faneca, Lloyd, and coach Cowher...that may be considered....

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I read that there was 11

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Faneca is the only one with a slim chance... the others... not gonna happen. Polamalu will most likely be the next HOF Steeler.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not even coach Cowher and why havent Mean Joe and some of the other old heads...lobbied for the seniors to inducted LC Greenwood into the hall?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He was a HOF finalist 6 times. Why are you thinking no one lobbied for him?

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No he means for Greenwood to get in now the senior committee would have to vote him and I could see that happening. Or Donnie Shell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Ward, Faneca and Cowher will get in some day. But not this year.

I agree with the above poster that Troy will likely be the next Steeler inducted into the HOF.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Troy is first ballot in my eyes but that is not going to happen until next year. Troy changed the safety position forever and is, in my opinion, the greatest safety ever to play the game. His style and reckless abandon paved the way for future safeties like Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Harrison Smith, Ha Ha Clinton Dix, Landon Collins and others.

Faneca, Cowher and Ward will get in at some point. Highly doubt though that even Faneca gets in given the absurd list this year.

Ray Lewis is a lock.

Randy Moss the same.

Brian I can see getting in.

Jimmy Johnson.... likely??

Rest of the list I am not too sure about. Richard Seymour I can see getting in but Steve Hutchison is more than likely getting the nod.

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    TO and Randy Moss will get in on the same ballot this year. That is my bet.

Polamalu has the best chance as being a first a ballot, when he is up.

Him, Faneca, Ward, Cowher, I would like to see Greg Lloyd get in too. But, might start getting hard for him.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently some people never heard of Ronnie Lott, who all safeties are compared to, then Ed Reed.

11. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Man, you talking about Troy, boy I miss watching that guy. The ultimate professional and great athlete. Hope him and his family is doing well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I doubt any Steeler gets in this year. Here's a question though. Who will get in first between TO and Hines? TO has garnered tons of hate among the voters and that is kind of a death nail when it comes to the Hall. Was he more than likely a total scumbag? Yes. However, did he put up insane numbers for his career? Yes. Just based on football alone, it is a travesty that TO isn't in yet. Sadly, I'm sure Ray Lewis will get in on the first ballot and his off the field stuff won't even be considered. I guess if TO wanted to really get in he should have killed someone else instead of trying to just kill himself. LOL!

13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Do not worry.

I would imagine he is now at peace within himself. If anything, he found peace on the football field as oxymoronic as that sounds.

That being said, I am certain he is enjoying every moment of life as he did in pads.

14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Between him and T.O.? Not sure. Thought T.O. would get in last season.

The biggest issue is that politics are now playing an integral part in the voting process; something that should never be a deciding factor in any form of hall of fame sporting profession; American Gridiron Football or otherwise.

Something tells me that, post the infamous O.J. case, the voting committee may have involved some form of political correctness into the votes.

That being said though, it is quite a shame that such a criteria is now seemingly allocated.

15. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Faneca should get in this year because he was a finalist last year.

16. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    I hear you... Greenwood needs to be in maybe Steeler Nation needs to push for him to get in. Make some signs and take them to the games "HOF Enshrine L.C. Greenwood" now.:sign0011:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Cowher would be in this year if not for Johnson. Hard to argue with his dynasty. Coach gets in next year at the latest.

Troy "should" be first ballot, but we'll see how it goes.

I doubt Lloyd ever gets in. Love him, and he's a Steeler legend. But I'm not sure he's seen the same way outside of Steeler Nation.

Ward deserves to be in, but I think he'll have a loooong wait at best. Plenty of deserving WRs are still waiting. And Hines wasn't the flashiest, nor did he have the gaudy numbers.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Antonio Brown will end up keeping Ward out of the HOF. It's sad, but true... because there's "too many damn Steelers already in the HOF"... which is a lame excuse, IMO.

AB will be a lock if he keeps up his current production. The only thing I worry about.. is AB not having a franchise QB throwing him the ball, later in his career after Ben retires.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I think Lloyd falls in to the same sorta category as James Harrison and Heath Miller. Loved by Steeler fans. Revered by Steeler fans. But ultimately unknown outside the bubble.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Oddly enough, I'd have to disagree slightly about Harrison. He's a former DPOY, and has arguably the greatest play in Superbowl history in his favor. I still question his getting in also. But he would have a better shot than Lloyd.

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Faneca will get in eventually. Guys who went to Pro Bowl and were First Team All-Pro as often as him get in.

Polamalu will get in too. Though Being a Safety it may take longer. They much prefer putting CBs in.

I think these will be the next Steelers in.

I always thought Cowher would have to coach again to get HOF credentials, and when he retired I was certain he would. But it doesn't look like he will. It wouldn't surprise me if Cowher doesn't get in, but remains on the fringe of discussion.

Hines will have a long wait. TO will absolutely get in before Hines. And as time goes on lots WRs with better numbers will become eligible, he may get lost in the shuffle.

I'm ambivalent about LC. It would be bother me if he got in, but it doesn't bother me that he's not in either. The Steelers of the '70s have as many guys in as any other dynastic team. I don't see that they've been short changed. He had 20 yrs to get voted in, the Seniors committee has opted for other guys for a least 10 yrs. I can see how some could argue that LC wasn't a HoFer, but a very good player lucky enough to play on D with 4 HoFers.

22. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Urlacher not getting in this year that spot goes to Ray Lewis, Terrell Owens will get in because of his crying and lobbing last year, Randy Moss will get in the media is really pushing it so far. Faneca will be the only Steeler to get in this year he was a finalist last year. Coach Cowher unfortunately will have to wait sometime because there's a few Coaches on the list that should be in already Don Coryell is one. Ward and Lloyd will get in some day as Steelers fans we want them in yesterday.. unfortunately imao there's alittle favoritism and jealousy envolved (to many Steelers players in already) in the selection process Well see how it goes. Go Steelers

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  23. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    L.C. Greenwood needs to maybe get a job as a sports analyst/reporter maybe cry and complain "I'm deserving and I didn't get picked" waaaWaaaa seems to be the going thing these days. Imao

24. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I think Faneca makes it this year. Hines will make it in along with Cowher in the next 5-7 years, but you never know, Hines may have to wait as long as Lynn Swann did. Troy makes first ballot next year. I'm still in disbelief that LC and Shell haven't been enshrined yet, blows my mind. Unfortunately, I don't think that Lloyd will ever make it. For those of you that don't think Harrison will get in, come on now, look at his resume. Not to mention being cut three times before he was relevant, then to go on to do what he has done for this long, I think he will be a lock, probably not a first ballot, but a lock. I love Heath Miller and he will go down as an all time Steelers great and one of my favorites, but the chances don't look good, I'll try to stay optimistic, though. Ben is a lock, depending on what QBs retire the year Ben does I think he has a chance at being first ballot. But, if someone like Brees or Brady retire the same year as him, I think they'll get the nod before him. Eli and him would be made out to be a toss up but I think its obvious that Ben is superior to him. Oh, and if Pouncey can stay healthy, he will go in as the next great Steeler Center in the Hall, joining Webster and Dawson. The only person stopping AB is AB, so I'm sure we'll see him in there.

There are too many possible future HoFers on this this current team for us NOT to win a Super Bowl, now, lets stop BSing and go win the damn thing!

It will be interesting how it plays out. Wow, thinking about all of this shows us how lucky of fans we are to have witnessed so many of the greatest football players of all time. Here We Go.

MP

25. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes and during those years there was alot of competition from other teams who were Superbowl contenders or winners. Cowboys, Fortyniners, Raiders, Packers etc.. Jealousy is why he's not in.