1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hitting and helmet rule changed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Aug 1, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    With every passing year I realize that this is no longer my game anymore. This new helmet rule might be the straw that broke the camels back for me. The call in the endzone in the Ravens game last night was enough for me to turn it off.

2. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    i agree the call in the end zone was a little ticky-tacky, but they are trying to teach these guys that you do not use your helmet to spear a guy, or make first contact with your helmet. i just dont know when this all changed. we got in a hell of alot of trouble if we led with our helmet when i was playing. they are trying to save the players from themselves.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    That was not a dirty play at all and he hit him first with the shoulder thus dislodging the ball which was the defenders number one concern on hat particular play. Take that play away and it is a TD on any level. Air it out I say. Flags galore! LeVeon Bell, Who? Nobody needs a running game in this new FF league.

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    NFL should grand father in the players who were in the league before this rule, they're exempt. :sneak:

5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Going to be a mess!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It is pretty hard to change a Leopards spot's