1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hire Bruce Arians Back Tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Dec 24, 2011.

1. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Thought I would have some fun in reference to the "Fire Bruce Arians Tomorrow MorningThread". :-D The boards personality change every week and I love it.
    :towel:
    Merry Christmas everyone.

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    LOL :goodpost:

3. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Well the type of game which they called was one which was used to benefit the team, not just Ben. This week 50 plays 22 passes. Last week 63 plays, 44 passes. That was with a hobbled QB.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep all is good in steeler land....nice game BA

5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    All kidding aside, I thought he called a hell of a game. Yes, it was the Rams, but it was still what the doctor ordered. No complaints here.

6. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The thing about this game is BA attacked the Rams 30th ranked run Defense with the run and was successful.
    KC he attacked the 28th worst run Defense with the pass. Did Ben tell him to do that or did he feel he needed to run the ball this time with Charlie starting?

I still don't think he game plans and can't situational playcall anything.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    NO thanks, he can't be gone fast enough!

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The only reason I would hire him back ,is just so I could fire him again.

9. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You got to be kidding me. Was it rocket science on how to attack the Rams. How about Ben wasn't playing so he called more run plays. If Ben had played, he would have thrown more passes. If you don't know BA's game plan by now then you are short. The answer to your question is: FIRE BRUCE ARIANS IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Look at it for what it is.

10. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If some fans looked at it for what it is they would not be placing most of the blame at the feet of Arians.

11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You might be right. And if you are, I think you have to look a little deeper than BA. If anything, it shows that BA isn't the idiot that everyone thinks he is. It shows he CAN implement a game plan according to his opponent. And if thats the case, then what is the problem? In light of recent developments...Ben insisting he play in the 2nd half of the Browns game and Ben playing too late in the 49ers game... you have to wonder, are the Steelers all too willing to bow down to the wants of Ben? Does he have that (too) much power and say-so?

12. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Umm………............. I created this thread as a joke to another thread, but I do appreciate your love for Bruce. ;)

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no problem with Ben wanting to play at all costs, most athletes do and it's the attitude that I want from every Steeler. But it's the coaches job to decide who is best suited to play, not Bens.

14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I get the humor Slick, really I do. But..... the most frustrating thing for me about BA is that he'll put together a decent gameplan to beat an opponent (witness pats and rams) taking what the D is giving. Then he'll do a 180 and keep banging square pegs into round holes (ala 49ers, rats, chefs, bungles, stains, etc). We all know he is capable, but then he tries to do things that this squad is not made for and thats when we must rely on heroic individual efforts to pull out a win in spite of BA. I'm not giving BA a pass for the shutout on the lowly rams. He needs to go.

F.B.A.I.

15. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    I totally agree! I thought it was a Christmas miracle that he used Redman on the goaline for the one touchdown. Sorry, I still think it was crazy that Redman was not used when the Steelers played the browns last and were at the 2 and gave it to Mendenhall for 4 straight downs.

16. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Weird thing is. the last time Batch played the gameplan made sense and as soon as Ben came back it was back to the 5 wide run-n-shoot playground formation. I wonder sometimes if the problem is Arians or Ben.

17. hi0

hi0 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Arians. He's the coach. He calls the shots, not Ben. If it's the other way around he shouldn't even be a coach. But, I'm pretty sure it's because Batch feels more comfortable not being the focal point of the offense and Ben wants to throw 10/10 times.

18. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Anyone should be able to put together a game plan against the Rams. Even BA.

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes please fire him there is a Steelers midget league Coach that I know who has promised me he would hire him....

This would keep BA with the Steeler organization and help use BA'S true skills to the best of there ability......

My friend has an opening as an Assistant DC,,,,,He told me he would let BA read and study the playbook and predict what the other Team would try to do against certain fronts and schemes........He stated this info would be like gold as whatever BA thinks will more than likely be exactly wrong ,,thus giving the head DC the right way to go.....

So yes please hire BA to the Mighty Midget Steelers of Boone N.C......................................

20. Guest

Guest Guest

As I've said before if all BA is doing is watching Ben be Ben then fire him just to save the money. The playbook and formation never change and if Ben's calling the shots on the field he could probably run the practice too. They could use the savings to fix the old message board and still have enough left over for block numbers or some cheerleaders.