1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines Ward Retires

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Mar 20, 2012.

1. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    A Black n Gold Farewell.

Thanks for the memories!

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A truly great Steeler, the ultimate overachiever, top 20
    of all time Steelers. Hines I salute you, thank you for 14 great seasons.
    If we had more players with your heart we would be on top of the football WORLD.

3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Here's to you Hines ...This is the right thing to do.I wish the organization would do the right thing and give you an asst wr coach position. :hello: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :towel: :towel: :towel:

4. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It was probably more of a joke than anything else but he basically indicated he'd likley let his passion and emotions get in the way when coaching.

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I watched the whole tear jerking 25 minutes and unless I missed it no reference to Cowher which actually surprised me a little. I'm sure though nothing intentional by not mentioning him.

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

:this!:

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Going to miss that smiling face on the field. You are the mold for what a football player should be.

Thanks for all the great years, good luck to you Hines!

8. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I watched the news conference yesterday and I almost choked up myself! I can't believe I started watching Hines Ward play since 1998 before I was even married. Now I'm married and have 3 kids and both my sons have grown to love Hines as well. I've only missed a handful of games over those 14 years and it's going to be strange not seeing #86 in the game or on the sideline!

Thanks Ward for 14 great years!

Blitz

9. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Right before he started thanking Mr. Rooney and all those others, he said something to the effect that he wanted to take time for a thank you to some people present there at the Press Conf. I noted he didn't thank Cowher or other players besides the ones he named at that time, so I guessed they weren't present.

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    O.K. I just got a chance to see Hines statement at his presser. Alright - I'll admit it. I'm a grown man, and tears were coming down my face. This guy is a god in the Burgh as far as I am concerned. The things he had to say to Steeler Nation could NOT have been contrived. It was heartfelt, passionate, and completely selfless. Unbelievable. He will be sorely missed in this town, and I truly hope that the Steelers organization finds a way to get him back involved in some way. The NFL and the Pittsburgh Steelers NEED someone like Hines Ward.

**Edit - Geez... I just played it again to show my wife - and dammit if I didn't tear up again.

11. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    Going to miss Hines. I loved his toughness and his passion for the game. A true Steeler. He is one of my favorite all time Steeler players. I wish we could have signed him for another year. Thanks Hines for your 14 years.

12. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks for the update guys.

Spartacus

13. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    you guys are a bunch of pansies, tearing up over a video...yes I do have something in my eye, by the way!

14. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I am going to miss him coming out of the tunnel waving a terrible towel.If we had 53 Hines Wards we would win the Superbowl every year.

15. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
  16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao:

When Hines cried, my girlfriend hugged the tv.

17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    If you have any passions, what so ever, for the Steelers I do not know how this video could not possible move you. Unless, of course, you are a statue!

18. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If we had another OC during last year who used Hines more, he probably wouldnt have to retire. He would still be on the roster with a restructured reduced pay.