1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines Ward and this pass season, Will he be back?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Feb 5, 2012.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Will Hines be back?

Did Hines really lose that much this past season? He was really wrote out of the offense for much of the season. Arians made a quote about Hines being taken out of the offense. Also, it seems like Ben might have had something against Ward this season. He had some smart remark about Hines and dancing with the stars.

I don't know but it seems like Ben and Arians may have had a plan to make Ward disappear.

If the Steelers bring Ward back, it might shed some light on the subject. Personally, my belief is that Health and Hines still should have been viable options in the redzone and short yardage, especially since Sanders missed so much time due to injury.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I dont think ben amd ward have a problem on the field off the field maybe a different story. Im all for bringing him into camp at the league min for vets and see if it really was arians or the ankle but if he doesnt have anything left he has to be cut. Normally the 4th wr plays special teams and hines doesnt.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Didn't Hines's dancing partner call him a name and said he needed to pass the ball to Hines more or something?

4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I know its fashionable to blame BA for everything, but I don't see why BA would have had anything against Hines Ward.
    Arians was here for 5 years and in 4 of them they threw the ball to Hines, alot. They didn't last year, and I gotta believe it was on merit. Young talent up/coming among the WRs and a clear decline in Ward's skills. What cinched it for me was the charity passes to get him to 1000 at the end of the year. They didn't want to waste their time on anything remotely downfield to Ward. Why? because they didn't think he'd get open. Great career, but sometimes when skills decline they decline fast.

If Ward want to come back at vet min, fine. Bring him to camp. But I will be surprised if Ward's role in the offense gets any bigger in 2012.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Arains just wanted to go deep ward cant go deep.

6. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I think that Ward will take a restructured deal and come to camp ready for one last season. I have said in other threads that he may be the "Bettis" of 2012-2013. The intangibles and leadership he brings to the team will be hard to replace given the additional changes in roster that will have to take place. Perhaps they groom him to be a WR coach and offer him the job at the end of the season. Who knows? What I can say is that without Hines on the team next year, there will certainly be a different feel to the offense - probably a more negative one. Hines has been a Steeler through and through, and I'm not so sure that Wallace and Brown are there yet. They need another year of his example and mentorship - IMO.