1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines had a nice game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Dec 5, 2017.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The lower ratings have more to do with the team up in New England than the new rules, IMO.

Everybody knows who will most likely go to the Super Bowl and who will most likely win it. That's why ratings suck. :facepalm:

When Brady retires, ratings will go back up.

2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I’m not convinced he was as hurt at he put on anyway. Saw this posted:
    ESPN’s Lisa Salters reported that Burfict “jumped up” off the stretcher once he was taken through the tunnel and was able to walk to the locker room.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Someone needs to offer him the early retirement plan.

4. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

He was just admiring his kill shot, I'm sure David did the same with Goliath.

5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

You are on to something but it’s not the patriots . It’s the fact that most teams have poor ownership and management. Most teams can’t compete consistently because their FO is a joke. If the bengals and browns could compete for playoff spots and actually win playoff games once in a while they’d have much better ratings . Instead it’s the same teams fighting for a SB usually . Steelers are one of them which is why a lot of people hate the Steelers .

The biggest reason why ratings are down is because of penalties and commercials . The stoppages are out of control. Ask a non fanantic to watch a game ... the stoppages are the problem . The other problem...officiating . they’re removing big hits and making terrible calls . Last night many of the flags were ridiculous and real calls were missed . Tackling is as bad as ever because players can’t hit. They have to think about how they can hit . They are being forced to grab now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I watched the replay several times. He was trying to get up and the trainer kept holding him down by the helmet basically saying we are taking you off on a stretcher whether you like it or not. They were totally drumming up drama. It became even more clear after reports of him saying he was alright and wanting to get back into the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    that their network is going down the drain...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree about commercials. There are way too many commercial breaks in football games. Same thing with cable news... it's ridiculous. Commercials should be limited to 1 minute, maximum. It seems like commercials go on forever at times. NFL needs to limit advertising.

9. BlacknGold40

BlacknGold40 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I've never been so happy to get a penalty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersfansince84

steelersfansince84 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
  11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    It wasn't a peelback block (as Gruden said) and wasn't flagged as one. The penalties were for Unnecessary Roughness (probably helmet-to-helmet contact, although it wasn't)(declined) and Unsportsmanlike Conduct-Taunting.

12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Told y'all.

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time lol

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    DeCastro knew JuJu screwed up by standing over Burfict, he tried to pull JuJu away before things escalate.

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Local sports talk radio this afternoon, Billy Ray Smith (ex Charger linebacker) Said there was nothing wrong with the block, it's a physical game, etc. Much as I hate anything to do with the Chargers, it was good to hear that from someone who actually played the game!