1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines had a nice game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Dec 5, 2017.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  2. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Love the block, wish he had not stood over him because that drew the flag just as much. As long as there is no game suspension which seems to be the NFL's thing this year I am good with it.

3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    At least on juju’s hit, he didn’t launch with both feet off the ground like the bengals Safety did on brown in the end zone. Both were vicious hits, but I thought juju’s hit was closer to legal. (Almost like an offensive foul in basketball, where he sets his feet first and gets run into)

4. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Regarding the hit on Brown: "That hit was nowhere near as bad as Smith-Schuster's -- Iloka was at least trying to dislodge the ball to prevent a touchdown". What a crock of s$&@. Because he's trying to dislodge the ball, it's OK to go helmet to helmet now? The only reason JuJu hit was illegal, is the NFL has taken physicality out of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Only part I don’t like was standing over him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    My guess is there was more to the taunting than just "it's Burfict". We know how that guy rolls, he'll be in their ears all game long. There will have been an incident or two earlier in the game that prompted the taunting, which the cameras didn't pick up on, would be my guess.

8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Just because Burfict wasn't looking at him doesn't mean it was from behind. They were face to face but Burfict was looking into the backfield for Bell. Legal hit but it was very close. I don't like the taunting though.

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Immediately after that hit I thought of Ward. Actually he looked like Ward in a number of game this year. He is tough like Ward and proved it when he smashed Burdick. The taunting was like Ward as well but he never did it with an evil smile like Hines lol We have something in this young kid. He is just 21 so he is going to make mistakes. He should learn from that even though it was as AB stated " Karma"

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Burdick likely said something about Juju and his bike. That's why he went off lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope it's only a fine. If Gronkowski can get suspended for what he did, JuJu may not be available for the Ravens game.

Now, more than ever... Steelers need ALL hands on deck.

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This! Brown was saying it while JuJu was being interviewed, and being humble about the play. Love this kid and what he has brought to the team.

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    All that nonsense from a guy who used to coach Warren Sapp!

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is the Hines Ward rule. Those used to be legal, but it was an illegal hit under the current rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't like Smith-Schuster standing over Burfict, but Brown's behavior was worse. I love Brown's game. I love his work ethic. He's the best receiver in the game and we're lucky to get to watch him, but man does he ever show his ass far too often. He once again showed himself for the selfish attention whore we know him to be.

17. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Those two plays aren't even comparable. Juju was a block during the play with some immature taunting. Gronk was a tantrum after the whistle meant to hurt someone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Not sure how anyone can have an issue with the hit OR with JuJu’s reaction after the hit . Under the rules it’s illegal. The rule is BS when the “victim” is in position to make a play on the ball carrier . That’s the problem I have with that stupid rule. If it was in the open field and they guy has no chance to make a tackle , then I get it being illegal. So it’s a penalty but a penalty worth getting.

As for standing over him . I’m glad he did that. Someone needs to send a message to this clown that you aren’t the only guy on the field that can hit. This is no different then a pitcher hitting a batter. Sometimes a message needs to be sent. You do it to protect your teammates and let the opponent know that you will not just take it.

The hit on Brown was 10x worse and was an illegal hit no matter what year it was . You launch your self head first and feet off the ground... think it was called spearing at one time, plus there was obviously intention to make helmet to helmet contact. He was trying to knock brown out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, I agree that his standing over Burfict wasn't necessary but here is my thought for what it is worth: Obviously the whole team knows the Bengal's reputation, especially Burfict's. I'm sure the rookies are told what to expect with an emphasis on how aggressively Burfict plays the game (headhunter). You have JuJu laying the wood to him and then stands over him after the play. In my opinion, right or wrong and basing it off of what I know about JuJu, he felt he was sending a message telling Burfict he isn't scared and Burfict isn't going to hurt our guys. Anyhow, that is my takeaway from the episode. I believe JuJu will handle it better next time he lays Burfict out!

20. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I didn't think it was in illegal block when 1st called and still don't think it was illegal after everything I've seen and read this morning.

The taunting drew a penalty...but this time it was well worth it! You think the other guys on the team didn't get even more fired up after that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    ESPN is crying about these hits and saying how "gross" that hit was. Gimme a break its football, its a rivalry, it has happened before and will probably continue to happen.

That's AFC North Football for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Hines did it to Keith Rivers.

Terrance Garvin did it to Huber the Punter a few years back.

Then JuJu layed down the smack on the biggest Steelers hurter of them all. I hate to see people get hurt. But, the devil popped up on my shoulder on that one and said that's right you POS you had that coming.

23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I nominate this as post of the year!!!

24. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

This is why ratings are dropping... not because of kneelers . Football was the greatest sport in the world because of the physical nature of the game. This game was a throw back to when nfl became America’s true pastime . Take away the hits and intensity and I’ll quit watching cause then it’s just boring .

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  25. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    ESPN is run by folks who don’t even like football. They need to STFU

• Agree Agree x 1