1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

High-flying Steelers WR Mike Wallace slowing down

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Dec 1, 2011.

1. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't like his no big deal comment about his 2 dropped passes. Wonder if he'd feel that way if they had lost the game :hmmm:

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, I'm hoping his sights are set on SB MVP. :hehehe: With the weapons we have on offense, and if we planned accordingly, we'd be unstoppable. Having a deep threat like Wallace drawing double coverage so often is a OC/QB's dream.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wallace is getting the double teams now. I would be using him to clear out the defense and hit guys on the underneath stuff all day. Why wouldn't Miller not be benefitting from this? Get the TE's involved!!!!

5. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It really bothers me when I see a guy on our team getting chippy at the beginning and during the game with the KC players, then when the ball come to him he drops it. Wallace had a bad game and all the extra activity he did during the game makes me be a little bit harder on him. If your going to talk all game long you better deliver when you get your shot. That being said I am watching the Philly- Seahawks game and man am I glad we have Mike over D. Jackson, that kid is a punk. But Mike will rebound, I'm sure he had a nice talk with MT after the game.

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah, Mike has slowed down his pace some over the past 5 weeks or so, but I think he'll scorch a few more teams in the remaining 5 and into the playoffs. Seems like he get open deep multiple times each game and Ben either underthrows, overthrows, or doesn't have time to see him break open due to pressure. I think part of the problem is that Ben waits to actually see Mike get open before chucking the ball instead of reading the coverage and releasing the ball early, trusting his speedster to blaze past the coverage, which he usually does.