1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

hey guys

Discussion in 'Football Talk With Other Fans' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, May 10, 2013.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh nooooooo. Not Cravn!

:noose:

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    YES!
    THE BUM AND MOANY
    CRAAAVN CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAV!!!!

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    In your situation it would ha e been the Steelers fans own fault if they got banned. Rules are rules ta know. Hold the leash tight on the non Steelers fans if they get out of hand and start trouble ban them. The ones I'm speaking for would not come here and do that. Now others may filter in that I have no clue who they and I can't say they won't cause trouble but Ive been posting with these guys for a couple of years now and their forum is a lot like ours. Topics get moved people get banned I believe it is the official forum for the ravens so they run a pretty tight ship so they are used to the rules of you talk about this here and that there. I would just tell them on advance you got one strike and your out. Now just because someone doesn't like what somebody else says doesn't make that person a troll either.

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    You are used to espn crave you get him away from there and he's pretty cool and funny. Lmao lord knows me and crave had some battles on espn

5. WVsteelgal

WVsteelgal New Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Open Arms ???...not to sure about that, but open hand for sure....especially if it's around their necks !! LOL:rolleyes:

6. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Im only joking. Cravn is :thumbs_up: in my book.

And yes the ESPN Cravn is a totally different persona as is all of ours (who were/are there). But you have to be. That place is a cesspool and only fun if you just hold your nose and jump in and do as the Romans do. Admittedly I still drop by on occasion and act like the zit infested teens that patrol the place, but never to talk seriously.

7. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    i don't bother after being booted twice
    i noticed awhile back crav was up to like his 9th or 10th log in name

SOUND FAMILIAR BOBBY?:lolol:

i guess some people just like to police stuff more than participate

WHERE IS GLENN?:shrug:

i always enjoyed how you handled some of them.
    hell i had a few stalking me there

scalaid is now an adjective in websters

STEELHURTIN has held his own over on their boards and i think cravn has backed me up quite a few times in getting warnings

there might have been something about
    ED REED not paying for swimming lessons for his brother;)

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

what happen to that espn board I had a blast over there. ( or is it back up?)

I remember craven, him and I had fun going back and forth. ( Bradysucks92 );)

9. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    my darcrav name
    is paying homage to
    dare2beme and cravnravn
    the two of them (dare steeler fan and cravn the ravn fan) were the first two gentlemen who actually defended me on the espn boards when others would try to bash or attack me the fact of being female and talking football :cool:

sidenote

i would die laughing when those two would go at it
    especially with the pictures they would post about each teams fans

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'll share my personal point of view on this.

Personally, I can't understand why anyone would want to participate on that Ravens board like you do Hurtin. No disrespect, but that just looks awful to me. To each his own though. I hate the Ravens. I strongly dislike most AFC teams fans by default. I really don't want Ravens fans here, nor do I want Browns or Bangels fans here.

I've banned Ravens fans from here in the past, at least a few times.

One guy threatened me physically ( :yawn: ) and one guy went on a rant saying how he was going to take a screenshot of the banned message, and make it his Facebook background so all his hundreds of Ravens facebook friends could see it ( :yawn: ).

One Ravens fan posted here somewhat regularly. Honestly, I didn't know what to do with him. I felt 'icky' having him posting in the Steelers threads, but he was courteous and didn't cause problems, was open about his Ravens fandom, and seemed to be somewhat knowledgeable about football. He got shown the door though when he couldn't control himself after our devastating playoff loss to the Broncos.

People have clamored for a Smack Talk section from the beginning, but I dragged my heels as it wasn't really something I wanted. I like what we have here for the most part, and didn't really see a need to add that element here. Furthermore, it increases the workload on the moderators and myself, which isn't so much of a big deal right now, but when the season starts up it will be.

Having said ALL of that...I don't really think it's that big of a deal. I know that seems to contradict my own personal feelings, but this place isn't about what I want, it's about you guys (as lame and cheesy as that might sound). To anyone who says they don't want fans from other teams here, I say- it hasn't bothered you before. As I've said earlier, we've had Ravens fans sign up in the past, and I don't think the majority of people even noticed. Furthermore, we have close to 1200 members...do you really think I or anyone could prevent everyone who wasn't a Steelers fan from signing up? I can't see the t-shirt they're wearing, nor can I get a blood sample to verify they bleed black and gold. ;-) I will say that I screen more heavily than most places to rule out any malcontents.

To summarize, I personally believe that inviting non-Steelers fans here will cause more trouble than it's worth, but I can see some benefits from having a Smack Talk section, and can potentially see some upside to having a couple fans of other teams commenting on other topics on the message board. I need convincing in regards to any upside to having them able to post in the Steelers Talk section though honestly. I'm having a hard time seeing much good in that. I absolutely hate ESPN discussion areas. Just throwing that out there. :smiley1:

I'm going to start a poll in the Suggestion Box shortly, and I encourage everyone to vote. You don't have to post a response in the thread, but I'd like to get an idea of the general consensus on the subject.

11. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    TTF already talking smack

"BANGELS":smiley1:

walk like an egyptian

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Freudian slip. :facepalm:

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I like talking football no matter who it is with. I hate the ravens but I follow what they do. I catch some grief over there but I have also had some really good convos.

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Aw shucks, man...

15. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh, Ive got at least two, maybe even three dozen names over there. Back when I used to take it seriously, I used serious names starting with the "Biz" moniker and derivatives of it when I was banned. But after a while when I realized that the place was udder (no pun intended) trash, I decided to see how many questionable and risky names I could slip past the Mods. I've used names like Gabe Athouse, E Norma Stits, Dixie Wrecked, and Rod Stiffington (thank you Howard Stern Show). Lately I've used the Dickens Cider theme with names like I want my..., and Big fat..., etc etc. Some names lasted months, but most were shut down within a couple of weeks.

As of right now I can't register. Every time I try a new name it gives me an error that something went wrong. IDK why, but if delete all of my cookies Im good and can register. However it becomes a giant pain in the ass when I have to re enter all of my passwords for everything else, so as of right now, I'm limited to just observing...and I think Im starting to like it better that way.

16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Yep, that piece of crap is still going and it hasn't changed one bit.

17. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Personally, I think being a Ratbird or Stains fan is reason enough to ban.

What more do you need?

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

:club::stogie: do ya want ,we should go, muss 'em up boss?

:cool:

19. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I understand what you are saying, but I think its okay to have an outside POV on things...so long as it isn't troll-ish. I think Cravn is more than capable. Sure he can mix it up, but he's a bright guy and knows when to hold em and when to fold em. But I also understand not wanting to let this place slide into ESPN-ville. Whatever you decide, Im fine with. The way I see it, this is YOUR place and Im a guest here and I'll abide by your decisions.

20. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Scalaid was hysterical. Guy tried to pretend that he was ex Bengal QB Eric Wilhelm. :lolol:

Also Old School Patriots fan...the guy was funny, but started to get really annoying toward the end. I pretty sure he wasn't a Pats fan, but just a Steelers or Ravens fan busting everyones stones. His act did start to wear thin.

21. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Old school drove me frickin nuts

22. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well my vote is to ban them. I can only speak for myself - I log on here to read about the viewpoints of other Steelers fans and to enjoy a sense of comraderie and kinship. Having non-Steelers on this board just ruins it for me. I live in New England and spend my working hours defending the Black and Gold against all the Patsies fans, so I have no issue standing up for my team, I just want somewhere to go where I can let my guard down and enjoy the discussion. For us that do not live in the greater Pitt area, this is an oasis. Don't let the bums in.

23. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    ROGER WATERS

TEAR DOWN THE WALL!!!!!!

TEAR DOWN THE WALL!!!!

AEROSTEEL???
    YOU MUST BE FROM BOSTON (PATSY FAN IN DRAG)
    we all know aerosmith is from beantown

ahh hell,
    it could be THE FAMILY starts to fight amongst one another before
    "that new guest arrives"

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This is pretty much it for me in a nut shell. I've never understood going to other fans message board, I have no interest in the Ravens or Bengals or whoever past the point of beating them. I'm not judging anyone who does, I just don't get it, my obsession is the Steelers, as far as sports goes, it consumes 95% of my thoughts with the other 5% scattered among other sports. I come here to get a major fix, I think we have a good nucleus at this board and would hate to see it get messed up or become a place I don't find enjoyable to visit anymore. A long time ago, way before I even joined the old board, I used to be on the Yankees MB and it had a lot of Redsox fans on it, only 1 was cool, so for every cool fan you bring here Hurtin, you'll have 10 aholes mixed in if we open that gate. That's just my feelings on it, after all, it is called The Steelers Fans. And unlike some of you, this is the only MB I frequent, and just like Zack Mayo said...

[video=youtube;T575Pbo4eWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM[/video]

25. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

lol

use a Richard Gere movie
    when discussing RATBIRDS(gerbils)

don't ask how i got there