1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey all

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by NY STEELERFAN, Aug 1, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What's up peeps, how has the summer been? Thought I would drop in to say hi since it is August 1st and summer is pretty much coming to an end. Been a little bit since I have been here(draft time) hope all is well with everyone. Been a pretty busy spring/summer even with all the rain, what has everyone been up to? Me it has been Baseball, camping and golf.....oh and maybe a few alcoholic beverages as well.....:shrug::tequila:

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There's a scene on Baseketball where they come across these guys they went to school with at a party and the guys say "remember when we were in school and all you guys did was just hang out and play Nintendo? So what have you guys been up to now?" and they say "Eh just hanging out and playing Nintendo". So as for me, just hanging out and playing Nintendo. LOL! My summer was awesome though. I got to meet the Icon Sting. Coach pitch is about to start now and my little boy is going in to his first year of that. He has finally started making consistent contact with the ball. You know any good drills for me to use to work with him on hitting? Or do I just keep pitching and pitching and pitching? I did try throwing him some soccer balls a few times just to try and get him to hit with power and learn the concept of aiming with his bat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Lol, that's awesome which Sting the wrestler or singer? BFT, we are on different ends of the parenting. My youngest son will start his senior year, he is my last of 3 boys. All are/were into sports and this will be a very tough year for me as it will all come to an end. We have been lucky enough to have some success over the years none better than this past baseball season where we were 1 game away from a state title. Enjoy the times my friend they go quick.

As for drills nothing IMO is better than soft toss as far as making contact. It really helps the younger kids keep their eyes on the ball. Than you can use the smaller balls as they get better. Another great tool that is cheap and easy is the hit away. This allows kids who don't have a lot of room or a batting cage to get their swings in. Hope this helps and good luck, I hope to stop in here now and then but it is hard with no internet and very bad service at camp.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry, I don't remember you. Stop bothering us.

What's up NY! Figured you'd be rolling in soon.

During your time away and reflecting, have you come to accept TWD is still awesome???

Summer is busy season so just a lot of working for me. I'm so happy it's August 1st, my least favorite season is almost over and football is on the horizon. :yahoo:

• Like Like x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

LOL Blast, yeah I miss this place but summer(what we had of it) is a very busy time and like I have said before no internet at camp hurts. That may be a good thing cause I could only imagine what I would post after a good fire with friends and more than a few cocktails......lmao.

So here we are back to TWD....is that show even still on or did it get cancelled.....:shrug::drinks:
    Just like I am going to do with our Steelers after that ass kicking of a loss we had, I am looking at this season as a glass half full not half empty......for both the Steelers and TWD.

I love football season and I really like coming here and chatting with you all but I hate the fact that summer is coming to an end. For me it means the golf season is coming to an end as is my camp season :(.

Still time left of the good weather and I will be taking full advantage of it but now with football season coming around hope to bounce in a little more......

• Like Like x 1
  6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The wrestler Sting. You're right about how quickly they grow up as well. It's ridiculous really. He starts first grade tomorrow and it literally just seems like yesterday that I was wrapping him up in a Terrible Towel at the hospital. Hard to believe he could fit inside a Terrible Towel at one point!

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Loved Sting back in the day, the old NWA was awesome. Wow 1st grade cool you have a long way to go but believe me it goes in a link of an eye.

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :towel:
    Just started popping my head in this week too. Hope everyone is well and bring on some football!

• Like Like x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Cool deal....here we go steelers here we go

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just started popping back in myself... Still high off the Pens cup win and looking forward to football for sure. Moved to Fort Collins, CO. Living in Nebraska sucked for me, although I'll still follow the Huskers and B1G. Good to be back close to the mtns..

I will need to find a new Steelers bar though lol!

• Like Like x 1