1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

here we have it

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Mar 27, 2017.

1. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Ben needs to keep Brady off the field to win...

Brady and his offense are smarter then most defenses... Timing routes, reading defenses and changing routes. They all play smart on the field.

2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We all are talking about the defense not being good enough to beat the patsies, but its the offense that let me down. That and the coaching staff that made the decision to start Dhb and Coates. We all know that our defense was the weak link, but the offense shouldve been our strong point and it wasnt...consistently.Ben, wasn't nearly on his "A game". Brady would take our offense as it stands right now and win the next 5 superbowls! I am convinced of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Whatever slim chance they had went out the window when they lost Bell. With no Bell and no #2 receiver, there was no way the offense could hang with Brady and company.

NE has a lot better defense then that get credit for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the boys from atlanta carved them up pretty good for 3 quarters. :cool:

5. Josh

Josh Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    You're saying the bills and dolphins are just as bad as Cleveland every year? Mmmkayy

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Are you really comparing the AFC East to the North? There is no one in that division that ever, ever threatens NE's place at the top. And they have their Cleveland... the Jets.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    None of those teams seriously challenge New England year in year out, they win the AFC East every season by default.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    We also don't have the players on defense to beat the Patriots.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And so another thread descends to the silliness of anti-Tomlin griping... yay

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    FYI the Seahawks have 3 Pro Bowlers in their secondary, they're more capable of matching up with New England than the Steelers.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Too bad the game is 4qtrs.

At full strength, we might be able to do that to them.

We need defense too, cant put it all on offense to beat them.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was just about to say something similar... and it's the same old tired points getting beaten to death.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think your on to something SCNB. Roster wise we had way more
    talent than the Patriots. Thanks coaching staff. Were you not embarrassed
    with the preparation and effort, game planning against the Pats? Watch the tape,
    very poor job. Thanks MT.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    at full strength we should be able to do that. with the money we have invested in ben,bell,AB,pouncey,DD,gilbert,green on that side of the ball. when you tie up that much on offense it doesn't leave you a lot for defense. heyward, mitchell and mitchell isn't enough of a difference maker.:cool:

16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

They did try and we got burnedeverytime

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We have an offense with the ability to hang 30 but that doesn't mean you will every game. If we are counting on offense to do all the work, we're not winning the SB any time soon. Especially against NE who are very good at game planning.

Steelers have plenty of talent on the defensive side. Sure up a couple areas and no reason not to perform.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we scored 30 in 6 out of 20 games last year. we have dropped in scoring the last two years. with over double the money spent on the offense than the defense. we were tied with buffalo in scoring on the year. we spend one heck of a lot more than they do on that side of the ball. we were tied for 10th in the league in scoring. SD scored more than us. we were 1/10th of point away from being 12th in the league in scoring. this offense has to do there part and especially with the difference in money spent on that side of the ball.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/teams/356/pittsburgh-steelers/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-game/&usg=AFQjCNE1WdTOAiyczqPYnQc2Ps_7q1GCxg

:cool:

19. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Tomlin can have Brady, I ll take Belicheat/Ben. Any coach that allows their DC to play zone defense against Brady is a moron.

20. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Someone said it earlier perfectly...

"Coaches coach, and players play"...

There was a game a few years ago, where we punched Brady in the mouth, and jammed the recievers at the line, in man coverage, with LeBeau coaching the D...

He could have called the same gameplan last year, had he still been here, but the players just didn`t execute, on either side of the ball...

We flat out laid an egg, in the second to most important game of the year...

I`m not gonna lay the blame at Tomlin`s feet...

I really don`t have an answer for it.
    It was inexcusable...

As Chuck Noll would have said...

It`s not my job to "motivate" you.. You are professional athletes...

They didn`t play like they wanted to earn their money, that day, or like they had any pride in doing their job....

Or wanted to get to the SuperBowl...

I can only hope the ones that are left, learn their lesson, and give a better effort next time they get a chance!!!:herewego!:

21. Josh

Josh Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Exactly.... why people continue to defend Tomlin is beyond me

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not having Bryant makes a big difference. They are a TD a game better with him in the lineup than without.

Ben and Bell also missed games.

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    ben and bell didn't miss 14 games. :cool:

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks captain obvious.

25. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You can flame me all you want but I still believe we have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. Player for Player we should have beat the Patriots...my opinion. I'm not speaking as someone who played the game (which I did), coached (which I have), but as a fan of the game for more than 40 years now (that hurt typing it). I try to be a good student of the game and pay as close attention to players abilities and match ups as possible. I know two things for certain...we flamed out at the end of the season, beginning in the second half of the Dolphins game and were completely out of gas going into the Patriots game. Second thing, we didn't have the right people in the right spots during the game to ever give ourselves a chance. I like Tomlin but he needs to study some of the other coaches approach to different situations in his off time. I think he could learn a lot from how some of the other coaches respond to what is in front of them.

• Like Like x 2