1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Bobbie, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Bobbie

Bobbie New Member

Oct 1, 2018
    For Christmas I’m surprising my husband and his 25 year old son with tickets to the Steelers vs Bengals game on December 30th. I’m not telling them until Christmas so that’s only going to give them a few days of anticipation/planning. I want to do as much research as I can for them beforehand such as things the must see and do and places to eat. They are HUGE Steelers fans! Any guidance would be appreciated.

2. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    That's an awesome idea for a Christmas gift. I would recommend doing the incline and the Gateway Clipper if it's running. I usually hit up tripadvisor.com to get ideas and reviews from others and have found cool things to do in cities I visit.

3. Brownsgal

Brownsgal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2018
    There was a few places I have seen on Diners Drive ins and dives that looked awesome. You might do a search on foodtv.com. Go where the locals go.

Great present!!

4. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Gateway Clipper is the best way to get in and out of the game. The view of hte stadium from the river is incredible. Afterwards, ride the boat back and grab a bite at Hard Rock (or one of the other places in that little mall).

Go to the game a little early so you can walk the stadium and see the Hall of Honors and other displays.

Downtown is a very scenic city at night. A drive out of Fort Pitt tunnel into the city lights and across the rivers is fantastic.

If you are there in the day do the incline as suggested above.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    And look thru previous threads on this board about this topic.;)
    Your husband and son are lucky to have such a great wife/mother!!:thumbs_up:
    Great gift! I didn`t see where your location was, but if you come from the southern states... tell them to dress warm!!!
    It gets cold up here at the end of the year! Not sure if ferrys will be running, over the rivers to the stadium,
    but there is plenty of local transportation, if you look into it ahead of time.
    If they are staying overnight in a hotel, they will pretty much all call a cab to get them to/from the game.
    I`ve had good times with the local cab drivers.
    I hope they have fun, and watch our team destroy the Bungles!!:bungalssuck::herewego!:

• Like Like x 1