1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

help me with this and tell me if i am looking for something that isnt there

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 23, 2017.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am convinced now more than ever we need to trash the 3-4. I don't think we will and I know the personnel for it is different but are we that far off?

I am gonna add some names that I think we could draft so I will put their info on there too.

since at least now we know rookies can contribute

defensive line ends heyward and Demarcus walker de florida st
    tackles tuitt, hargrave.

linebackers inside vince Williams outside shazier and Dupree. draft Elijah lee from Kansas st and maybe keep Timmons

corners burns and Sidney jones from Washington. senquez can maybe stay healthy

safeties davis and eddie Jackson from Alabama or a free agent. I want golden and Mitchell gone

Dupree is the wildcard. not sure he fits into a 4-3. maybe he could play end not sure

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's not happening until Ben is gone. It would take 1-2 years to transition and we don't have that type of time to waste right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I kinda agree with the time table but what are we doing now? wasting time!

4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Definantly Mitchell and Golden gone. Mitchells a game ejection waiting to happen does not play smart football and Golden can't stay healthy.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think we aren't that far off from a 4-3... Just need a big time long rangy DE, and some similar back ups

• Like Like x 1
  6. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    so what is your opinion on the switch? I ask because sometimes you and I agree on things it seems.;)

7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    yea, really suprised how mucj Golden regressed. At one time I had high hopes for him, but he really went down hill. Mitchell, to me was always bad, but a good hitter. Golden plays bad and not a good hitter.

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    As I stated in a separate thread, this needed to happen the day Tomlin took the job. And it is one of the reasons I have been disappointed in him. Instead of cleaning house and establishing this team as HIS, he wimped out: kept LeBeau and promoted Arians, and basically kept things "the way they are." That works for a little while (and it did big time), but as we all can see, the net effect of this is that the man has ended up with no guiding principles. He is in charge of a team that runs a defense he is still not familiar with (it would seem). Remember, Tomlin was the DB coach with Tampa when they throttled Oakland in the Super Bowl. This was the same Tampa team that shut down the Rams a season earlier (even more so than the Pats).

The 3-4 zone blitz is a dead scheme. And if the Steelers' loss doesn't prove this, just look at how poorly Green Bay fared. There, Dom Capers is the DC...and they run the same basic defense that the Steelers do.

9. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    so just curious. if we did switch, how do you think current personnel would do?

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Mitchell summed up his Steelers career last night when he let Hogan run right by him on the flea flicker.
    Belichick/Brady knew Mitchell would take the bait and exploited him. 'Big hitter' is a liability these days, and his best hits are usually penalties or collisions with his own teammates. He a solid ST player and backup safety, that's about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I actually think we have linemen to do it. Problem is, what do we do with the LBs?