1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, seeking football game advice!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Anarae, May 17, 2021.

1. Anarae

Anarae New Member

May 17, 2021
    Hi everyone nice to virtually meet you :) my husband is a huuuuuge Steelers fan and I am a new football/Steelers fan.. for his birthday this year I wanted to surprise him with his dream.. to watch a Steelers game at Heinz stadium. I got really excited about the tickets and purchased the Baltimore Ravens at Steelers, for December 5th!! We are from Florida and totally forgot that it gets cold everywhere else lol, I would like some advice From a fan that has possibly been to the Heinz stadium for a game in the cold or any game in the cold and how could we get through this comfortably? Is it going to be as bad as I think? Does it snow early December in Pittsburgh? Would this still be an enjoyable experience? I’m having anxiety wondering if I should try to sell the tickets and repurchase a different game :( help!

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Welcome and please stay active on this MB (shed any thin skin) and have fun - we certainly can use some new blood. There are grizzled veteran season ticket holders here who could offer you much better advice. I left the Burgh many many years ago for California and never looked back but did attend the very first game at Heinz Field, a preseason game in early September 2001 I believe. Cold is curable with multi layers but cold rain would be the more difficult to deal with. Believe me though, if he/you have never attended a Steelers game in Pittsburgh the weather won't make any difference. You'll be so jazzed and pumped up, especially against the Ravens, you won't even think about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anarae

Anarae New Member

May 17, 2021
    Those were my thoughts exactly! I’m hoping he will still be excited despite the cold. Thank you for your input :)