1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from London!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Chris C, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Chris C

Chris C Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Hey all,

long time lurker first time poster. Similarly to a lot of the first time poster here ill be finally heading to my first Steelers home game this upcoming season. Ive checked up on all of the good places to hang out and visit while im in Pittsburgh but I also have a question that I cant seem to find a conclusive answer to.

I have to book my holidays relatively early because of work and I have a question about schedule. Once the schedule gets announced at the end of April do the games ever get moved?
    I know games can be pushed back for TV so a 1pm becomes a late game but does a game ever have the days moved? I'll need to book my trip early may time so ill be doing it based off the schedule that comes out.
    Over here in the UK games get moved all the time so a saturday 3pm kick off can get moved to monday for TV and that would ruin my plans as ill only have saturday and sunday in PIT.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Welcome to the board:

Here is the game flex rules for ya..

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
    • Begins Sunday of Week 5
    • In effect during Weeks 5-17
    • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
    • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
    • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
    • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
    • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
    • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
    • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
    • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
    • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
    • NFL schedules all games.
    • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.