1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Heavy dose of the run this week?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am hoping the Steelers will follow Skins example
    and try running the ball down Ram's throat. Rams
    team scares me, here will be a good test to judge our OL.

2. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Redskins? please don't make me look. I'm good with our offense and Houdini will be doing what he does best. We have so many weapons right now not to mention the return of Bell. If the boys play smart we leave Edward Jones with the win.

3. Axl

Axl Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2015
    I'm good with a heavy dose of the run with some AB and DHB sprinkled in.

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think you will see both I read the rams are giving up a completion rate of 81% so far this year. It seems the interior of their dline is awesome but the rest of the defense struggles.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Just do whatever it takes to score and win.

6. NJSteelerFan

NJSteelerFan Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well with a very good passing attack and what should be a formidable run game (considering the talent here), we should be able to exploit most defenses. That is why having a balanced offense creates such a problem for most teams unless they have an extraordinary all around defense. Even if we pla a eam with that, I still like our chances with Ben at QB.

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think a lot of runs to the outside, a lot of quick passes to the RB and the WR . I also think we will see a few Deep Balls to help loosen them up . Not sure if they will connect or not , but we have to throw 4 or 5 of them this game ..

8. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    To me this is the perfect game where a superstar like Bell can show his talents...especially in the pass game. Take that overexcited pass rush and use it to your advantage by getting him screen passes where he can take on the LB one on one. I think we need to see Bell well over 100 yards total offense (70 or so rush, 50-60 pass) for the Steelers to win this game.

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I'm pretty sure the emphasis in rams practice this week, was stop the run, especially with Bell coming to town..........

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    then play action should work well. :cool:

11. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

How much practice will they get - 1 day?

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My thinking exactly, pound,pound, over the top. Like men playing with boys.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Trenches. This is where the bread and butter will start and end. I'm sure as mentioned the Rams are going to try to take away the run game. No Huddle, hurry up to gas their front 4. That's the Rams strength, wear them down. As long as the Defense can repeat the performance last week, winner, winner you know the rest.

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm hoping that we continue doing what we are doing. They don't have enough good dB's to cover our receiving corp and we were gonna run on them regardless if the skins did it the week before. On offense, we need to eat up clock and score and we will be fine. Do not give up big spteams play but create our own....and for Gods sake....NO INJURIES