1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Heads Rolling

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    If we go 1- done Tomlin better be quick to follow,:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I wouldn't mind giving Lynn a shot at the OC position.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    None of these owners have given me much reason to believe in them anyways. That said, Shad Kahn has to get it together for his team.... and fast. Those "London NFL Team" chants are getting more and more audible every year.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just saw that the Chargers have "Chargered" again and fired their coach! Now Lynn can go on and shine somewhere else. The biggest problem with the Chokers is, and has always been, ownership! Glad to see my curse is still holding up!

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think they have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, the team is bare, but the new management can start a nice build right there.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I always liked the Jags drafts, I think the thing missing most has been QB. That should be remedied this draft.

Of course, they got rid of their GM so who knows how the new guy will do but he’s got a plethora of picks.

If the Jags don’t turn it around now, they never will.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I seriously doubt whomever the new GM is will not take Lawrence. Trevor Lawrence is the correct answer as there really is not any QB in the class with his skillset. Dare I say he is even better than when Andrew Luck came out.

This is like the Browns selecting Myles Garrett in 2017; an absolute lay up if there ever was one. Then again, as you said, who knows what the new GM will think?!?!

Crazier things have happened on draft day; 2019 doubly so and to say the least. :eek:

9. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    All they'll need then are to finally get some uniforms that aren't awful.

10. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    He finally gets a QB who isn't a chucker and they fire him. Real stupid organization.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Probably the stupidest. The Cardinals are close but, getting better. Besides all the HOF players the Chargers have let go, starting with Lance Alworth, they get rid of a HOF 14-2 coach in favor of their crappy GM.

12. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Tom Coughlin killed the Jags, they’re not in bad shape once they get a real coach the players can follow, and add 11 more players in this draft. They’re still the Jaguars, but I’d rather be in their shoes than the Bengals or Jets.

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Get your passport ready Trevor!

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m not 100% sold that Trevor Lawrence will live up to his billing at the NFL level. I thought he was great headed into the championship game last year, but my impression of him in that loss was that he looked panicky and erratic. I admit that I only watched the first half of the loss to OSU because it was such a joke of a game, but my impression in that half was once again that in a big spot he was panicky and erratic. There’s no denying the talent, but I’m not sure he’ll be a generational talent at the position in the NFL. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s more Jared Goff than Aaron Rodgers. Let the flame reply commence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:drinks:

No flames here my man! All respect! I do agree he does have that occasional eyebrow raising moment from time to time in games. Not enough to worry me though.

16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Geez Louise, was that only the 2nd game he lost, in 3 yrs? I can’t bag on him for that. Now, Lots of can’t miss guys end up missing. But he’s played big time college ball, has won titles, has barely every lost and has put up numbers. I’m not sure what else, he could do. He may not be a great NFL QB, but it would be a huge disappointment if he was Jared Goff (who ain’t a bad QB by and large)!

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I tend to agree. between Burrow and Lawrence I feel Burrow's will be the better QB over time. I just hope to hell Lawrence goes to the NFC. The AFC already has Mahomes and if the Bengals build around Burrow, KC and Bengals will be trouble for years to come.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think it’s all but a done deal that Lawrence will go to Jacksonville. Honestly, despite my reservations I would make that pick in a heartbeat if I were their GM, I would just do so with the understanding that he’s not guaranteed to be a great NFL QB, and I’d need to go all out to get the best possible QB coach to develop him. Sometimes you’ve got to take the risk.