1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Have We Seen the NFL Potential of Mason Rudolph?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Dec 2, 2019.

1. No, Mason will eventually play at an NFL caliber level and supplant Ben as the Franchise QB

12.1%
  2. No, Mason will eventually play at an NFL caliber level but be a career backup in the NFL.

67.2%
  3. Yes, He doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB and is destined to join Landry Jones in the XFL

20.7%
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn’t dare. :cool:

2. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He’s right though. No one outside this board defends MR. The guy can play 80 more games and this board would say it’s not enough games. He’s in accurate. He’s scared. He has led in his feet. But people will cite how well he played in the Big 12. Lol. He was the worst QB to play this year.

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Ar best, judging quarterbacks by their team’s record in their starts is lazy and inaccurate. This is even worse because it fails to account for the quality of opponent.

The four best teams the Steelers faced this season are the Patriots, Ravens, Seahawks and 49ers. Those are arguably the four best teams in the league. Two of those were Roethlisberger’s starts. Rudolph started against the other two.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Rudolph almost won the 49ers game & would've had he gotten any help on offense & he was on track to beat the Ravens b4 being knocked out...

5. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    He was 5-3 with almost no help on offense... "he was the worst QB to play this year"... I mean how do I even respond to such a ridiculous comment...

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, but the sad thing is... Rudolph would have played better vs. the Patriots... and he did play better than Ben vs. Seahawks.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    well statistically he was in QBR lol

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Bens elbow was trashed from the get go this season. Don't compare Ben to Mason that's disrespectful to Ben on a level that I can't comprehend

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    I've yet to see what MR brings to the table. Is there something we see that tells us, MR is going to get it together ? As for the Duck, he's better because I think he is more mobile and somewhat more accurate or more accurate all together than MR. I don't see any of these two ever being a threat of a quarterback as needed to be an NFL champion team.
    MR and Duckman are not going to be the it factor for the Steelers. I hope I'm wrong.

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I can clear this up for you.

We mods know when someone is using 2 accounts. We weed them out fairly quickly. It's against the rules here.

I don't know what Mickey Mouse operation of a board you came from, but rest assured that sock puppets, etc don't exist here.

We also have a short leash on poor behavior. Attacking other posters personally rather than arguing the point is very much frowned on. So all parties involved can consider themselves warned

Welcome to the board. And knock off the internet tough guy routine. It's boring.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Yeah I'm the one acting like an internet tough guy there big bad admin...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    That's one. (Consider yourself lucky. Most don't get one)

• Like Like x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    There are plenty of trash forums out there, this ain’t one of em. Just play nice and you’ll be fine. I say stupid things too lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    True. It’s probably from accidentally drinking the bath water though...:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I deserve that lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Yeah thanks man I'll play nice lol. I'm going leave the admin alone... He did threaten me & then called me the internet tough guy(which felt personal) but seems reasonable besides that... My original comment was a personal attack so he wasn't wrong & I'd prefer civil discourse...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I never threaten. I warn or remind people of the rules. And I only step in when I see a conversation going off the rails.

I also did not call you an internet though guy. I said to knock off the act. You know, acting out aggressively or being belittling to people for the simple act of having a different opinion. It's not good for discussion.

But you're relatively new here, so I cut you a little slack. Don't misinterpret my sternness for threatening. You'll know when I make a threat. (You won't. I never threaten as I said. You'll just wonder why you can't log in) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Fair enough... You'll have no more problems from me...:thumbs up:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger played that entire half with an elbow injury that ended his season. Seriously, just stop.

Regardless of that, the overall point still stands. You cannot properly evaluate a quarterback based on their team's record alone. That is particularly true when using a tiny sample size and failing to account for the quality of the opposition each quarterback faced.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I know you like mason and I do too but fact is he did not look good. Doesn’t mean he will suck next year. Hope springs eternal. Whatever that means

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Rudolph has a future. There is an insurance agency somewhere waiting to sign Rudolph to a contract selling policies.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is pretty much my reaction any time somebody tries to compare quarterbacks solely based on the team's record when they start.

25. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope he is not another Tim Couch in disguise. He just could not catch on.