1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Have to Share this Funny Story About the Game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TRUCK, Jan 10, 2016.

1. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I called my parents after the game. My dad answers. I asked him what he thought of the game and he sounds dejected. He said it stunk. I asked if he watched it until the end and he said yes. Okay some I'm really confused now. They're getting up there in years so I asked him to put mom on the phone. I asked her the same question, 'did you watch it until the very end?'. She said they shut it off after the Landry interception. I told them to go back and play the end of the game. However, she said by dad was po'd and deleted the game. So they totally missed the excellent finish. I had to give them the play-by-play. Instead of going to bed depressed, they went to bed giddy! What a great finish!

• Like Like x 12
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    That's awesome! I'm glad you called them tonight and didn't wait until tomorrow.

3. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    dont worry..it will be replayed several times on NFL network

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I admit, after the INT I was busy composing a message in the gameday thread and paying no attention to the commentary... I almost missed the fumble completely.

5. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    This game will be one for the ages and will be replayed so many times you will know every play by heart. Thank goodness we won.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I wonder how many people thought we lost and missed the final moments. I saw some 'good night' posts here while the Bengals were still winning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yup, one was me. As I w as writing it, I almost missed the fumble. Kind of a blur aft er that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    As soon as Ben got hurt I thought we lost. I kept watching and when Landry threw the pick I was silent and teary eyed. I didn't want us to lose to THEM. Ravens all over again. Kept watching with my wife and boom fumble. Still thought nothing of it then Ben came back and I STILL felt a letdown cause he was hurt. What came next was epic and I had to leave the room cause my heart was stopping lol. Heard my wife scream when Bos made it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    I ALOMST went to bed after the Landry int. casue it was already 2 hrs past my bedtime:lolol: but I figured I'd stick it out for a few more min. I'm glad I did but I woke up this a.m. feeling like I had a hangover and I don't even drink.:huh:

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I was going to watch to the bitter end. As it turned out, it was a bitter ending - just not for us. I will admit, I lost hope after the LJ int. I kept watching, but I had lost hope.

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Great story and I don't mean to take a shot at you here but why do so many fans shut off the tv or change the channel? I have a few friends that do the same thing, am I just a die hard or just messed up in the head????? lol, I feel that is I am going to spend 2-3 hours on this I have to see it to the end......

12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I turned it off too after the Int..so I went to watch the NFL network..I read on the ticker that Ben was back in the game so I was thinking wtf did I miss...so I went back to it :)

13. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I wonder how many of those who stopped watching also stopped watching when the Steelers had the immaculate reception? Hell "The Chief" was in an elevator, so they are in good company. LOL

14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm the eternal optimist. After the interception I said that we had all three timeouts, expected them to sit on it and kick a fg. I jokingly said we need Ben. Just as I finished, fumble happened and Ben came on the field.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I came so close to shutting it off. The INT happened right around the time I normally leave for work so I was like screw it, I'm not going to be late over watching them lose. Luckily I had to change my shirt and came back right at the time of the fumble or I would have missed the whole thing.

16. Natalie

Natalie Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2015
    I agree...I especially hate when no matter what sporting event,concert etc people leave! Not even because of whatever outcome it is but to get a jump on traffic??? Crazy...I want to experience every second! I live in Atlanta. Traffic I relative. Where do you have to be THAT bad???,

• Like Like x 1
  17. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    my story is at right before things started going Bengals way..I get contacted by a client via facebook chat... and of course this is always a bad juju thing...I HAVE LET THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE KNOW, NEVER TO BOTHER ME DURING MY STEELERS GAME... so when Bengals scored and subsequently intercepted..I decided it was all my clients fault.. and also mine I should have ignored the call...

I told her I have to go and IL call her back,,,tihnking dAmage was done...then tahdahhhhh... Fumbliya,,fumbleroosky...

So..youre welcome.....I single handedly Saved..our season by ending the call

18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    yup i am experiencing you right now lol

19. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wonder... don't get me wrong... I'll definitely take the win but I gotta think this one the NFL will want to forget.