1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Have the Steelers done a bad job?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by oldschool, Mar 28, 2023.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hmm...

Only way any of us know if Kenny "can" or "will" make the second year jump will depend on multiple factors. Me personally and, as always, I don't make any predictions until after the draft as there is still too many unanswered questions... and even predicting a stat line after the draft is way too early as the Official Schedules have not come out yet. Even so, the reason I often make such predictions is due to the fact that there is a better picture to be seen heading out of the Draft. If anything, the Steelers hiring Glen Thomas as an Offensive Assistant in addition to Matt Canada attending ZERO Pro Days this season (a major negative sign) tells me that the Steelers are willing to accept the fact that Matt Canada was a mistake and will already have a fail safe in place in 2024 should Canada be relieved of his duties.

Again, for my money, I am with with @SteelersFanIrl in nailing this draft as having Kenny on a Rookie Contract makes every draft count but doubly so the second one on the Rookie Deal. Acquiring not just talented but key pieces will go a long way along with Kenny's development.

• Like Like x 4
  2. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Fair enough. All any of us can do at this point is make educated guesses at where Kenny's ceiling really is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    OBJ is now a Raven. If Lamarr signs with the Ravens and AB comes out of retirement and signs with the Ravens.... you will climax into oblivion.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I can imply you falsely and repeatedly stated something untrue

And you haven’t admitted guilt like honest and honorable people do

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. That made Me spit My drink. LoL

• Like Like x 2
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The OP should have been

“Have the Steelers done a good job”

I’m feeling bias

• Like Like x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Nothing to admit lol. Really trying to act like this some vastly large distinction in a prediction thread of someone saying can vs will.

9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Marino wasn’t throwing those outlandish INT’s in the SB.

We were a threat for a few years even with mediocre QB play because we had good running games with Barry Foster and Bam Morris plus the famed Blitzburgh defense of that same era. We were missing a QB. Marino was no ordinary QB. He operated owning a bunch of records by the time he retired. And every defense knew how often he was going to pass it with his cannon and no running game, but he still hit his targets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    OK.
    Agree to disagree.
    Marino had no running game ....because He allowed no running game.
    Some of You forget His arguments on the sidelines for changing out of running plays.
    Also some of You forget how great some of those teams were that He was on, and not only that ....He was coached by not one, but two HOF Head coaches.
    Now I'm not trying to say this to be mean, but some of You sound just like Lamar Jackson fans.....it's everyone's fault, but Lamar Jackson why He hasn't been to a SB, and won.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Elway had the same philosophy as Marino. And then in the late 90's... the Broncos D was one of the best and Terrell Davis was the best RB in the NFL. Worked out good for Elway... he didn't have to throw nearly as much and got 2 rings in the process.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I grew up in South Florida during those years around nauseating Dolphins fans. I’m sure Marino being a future HOF QB tried to impose some of his will towards manipulating the offense. Every great QB checks out of plays running or passing. And he certainly had a massive ego.

But I don’t recollect him not wanting a a more robust running game. Maybe…

You must be right, I don’t remember any of his teams being great except when he was new to the NFL throwing to “the Mark’s Brothers” - Mark Duper and Mark Clayton.

His mid to late career teams were never scary to me as. Steelers fan in the AFC. But he was an amazing QB and always marveled at his abilities and hoped he’d make it back to western PA as a player for our Steelers.

I think Cower would have imposed the running game on his offensive plans.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 1