1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hats off to the Defense.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    23rd. Rush defense is statistically not very good. However, to my eyes its more "fixable" than the stats would indicate. It's not so much that we get pummeled all day. Rather, we have given up a huge percentage of our allowed running yards on big plays that have resulted primarily from fundamental gap responsibility and tackling errors that can be corrected.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Fire coach t immediately

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    James Harrison should get playing time starting every 4th quarter from here on out. The Chiefs LT was gassed at that point, so it was easy for Deebo to get around him. If the D can keep the pedal to the medal and not go soft in the last quarter like it usually does.. the future is bright. If Butler can fix this, the Steelers should go far. But then again... Steelers could lose to the Bengals at home this week. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    The D will look great if the O ever starts to play well.

5. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well... I was just responding to his comment about the pass defense being "close to legit". Obviously people have been using the run against us more effectively but according ESPN

Rush/g 23rd
    Yds/g 3rd
    pts/g 4th

6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Dilly dilly!
    I think there’s a pill for that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep, defense did great. QB Smith got away a couple times and improvised a couple big plays, but other than that pretty awesome IMO.

8. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Mike Hilton is a player on the rise. Good blitzer and a solid tackler. I was at the game right behind the endzone and the pocket was collapsing around Smith all day, big props to the front seven. And the holding that is allowed on Harrison is even more evident when you see it up close, its almost laughable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Points is most important. Though Steelers we’re beat by teams running the ball, not throwing it. So, pass defense is a bit skewed.

10. stompin69

stompin69 Member

Aug 30, 2017
    The best thing we have not heard is Hadens name much. Meaning, he is doing a great job, and we are not hearing how he or Cockrell just got burned deep. So hats off to Haden, glad he rebounded from injuries.

• Like Like x 2