1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hate Todd Haley??? Read on

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hi5Steeler, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks for sticking up for me Blountforcetrauma!

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  3. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
  4. Hi5Steeler

Hi5Steeler Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Ben is is a far better QB. That is why we won the game. It had nothing to do with your hypothesis that our playbook was better than Todd Haley playbook.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Well, it was more Whiz's playbook anyway. :)

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Let's not forget that Warner was calling the plays and apparently designing them.

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You know I got your back Sarge!

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Just going to leave this here:

http://inception.davepedu.com/

I keep it up in a separate window to create drama while reading the message board....

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's actually your hypothesis that Haley has a better playbook, I'm just refuting that, I don't think you can say that with any certainty especially when they lost.

And I'm probably one of the biggest Ben homers on here but hes not FAR better than Warner, Warner is a damn good QB and went to the SB with 2 different teams. He is a big reason why they got as far as they did.

This.

And this.

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Can someone explain where the Haley hate comes from?

In 2014, Roethlisberger set personal season records for passing yards and low sack %. And that's that. If you want to make the case that Arians won a Super Bowl and coached in another, I say: "Defense." Those teams won despite Arians, not because of him.

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Did you watch the Cleveland game with no offense? Did you watch the Jets game with no offense? Yes, overall the Steelers offense put up big numbers for the season. But that included 2 games with 6TD's by Ben and several stinker games. Averaged out, the stats look good. Now, I'm not in the FTHI crowd, nor can I say I've ever been. I lay responsibility on both coaches and players. But some of the games over the last few seasons have been down right frustrating (to include the playoff game vs the Rats) and it appears as though the offensive game plan is poor (take the game in London vs the Vikings where there was no plan or adjustments to protect Ben). That's where the Haley hate comes from IMHO.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, there is plenty of hate for Tomlin and Arians, whom actually have hardware, meanwhile Haley has done nothing. I want the bling, you can have the shiny stats.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    So you've FINALLY become a Tom Brady fan huh? LOL!!!! (runs for cover)

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He plays for NE :scratch:

Theres only one NE fan here Blount! I can't even call you a closet NE fan, you're to open about it :lolol:

(P.S. Let me know when Brady wins something without cheating)

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I was just talking about the "bling" part. Yeah I am in absolutely no closets. LOL.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

I know what you meant, I'm only interested in Steelers rings :yeehaw:

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Hypocrite! LOL!!!

18. Hi5Steeler

May 1, 2015

Sometimes ...just sometimes..... players dont execute. Thats not on the offensive coordinator. not when you know they can do the job. Sometimes players just dont get it done and it is the players fault. ala big ben or antonio brown. they make mistakes sometimes and that leads to flat games. thats not on Haley. Your theory is incorrect.

btw playoff game vs rats we just lost leveon AND blount. There was no one left to replace them on team or waiver wire. Running game is half the offense in threat of a run alone. with no run game steelers were screwed.

that had nothing to do with coaching at all.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    True. Sometimes coordinators make bad calls, too.

20. Hi5Steeler

May 1, 2015

You just took 1% of my paragraph and replied. Completely out of context in fact. My point is Todd Haley is one of the best Offensive coordinators in the entire NFL. Ranked #3 overall in some articles.... He is protecting Ben better than previous coordinator in playcalling and he should be fielding the #1 offense in the NFL this year, also had a TOP offense when on the Cardinals.

If you hate Todd Haley go on hatin. He will keep on winnin.

21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    1%? When I replied there was much less there to quote. I'm not sure how you can say it's out of context considering the conversation, but OK. I don't hate Haley at all, quite the contrary. Ben's jersey has been much cleaner as of late. No doubt about that. Having LeVeon Bell sure helps with that, though. :smiley1:

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm thinking several factors went into this: Play calling as you stated, but also not letting Ben play backyard ball, and teaching him to read the defense, along with Munchak teaching the OL to block.

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I know you Do Blount. I got yours too!

24. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011

You must have a short memory, because I can also point out game after game when Arians' offense stunk up the joint, too, against worse opponents, most notably the 13-6 debacle against Cleveland on a Thursday night. The Browns were 1-11 heading into that game and just five days earlier, they'd given up 30 points and 477 yards against the Chargers.

And I wouldn't lay blame on Haley for the playoff loss.

Bottom line is, Arians and Haley have had their frustrating moments....they have also had success elsewhere. Both men are respected. So why does this team repeatedly play down to poor teams? Is there a common denominator here? You bet there is.

25. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    By that standard, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are better QBs than Dan Marino. I mean, it is all about the rings, right?

Haley's offense outscored and outperformed Arians' offense in that Super Bowl. Period. End of story. And you look it up. Arians has a ring because the Steelers' defense made a play and the Cards' D didn't.