1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hate to say this but...Brady and Hoodie never lose

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Of course. Miami had some CBs balling. And, not only did the outside rushers get there, they had a push up the middle so Tom couldn't step up in the pocket, which is what he always does. Do we have the horses to get outside and up the middle pressure?

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    The interesting thing will be...... with the propensity of the refs to flag our guys for questionable fouls..... how close do you think our DL will get to Brady before they pull the flag out..... I'm gonna say, if we have anyone within 5 yards, they'll likely flag us.

3. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    OK, everyone brings this up. So tell me what happened after losses the other 20 times in the Brady era? They don't lose. I wouldn't put it past Hoody to semi allow a loss vs Fins; he knows in the big picture, that loss may be irrelevant as long as he wins in Pgh. Win the Steelers game? Home field advantage will be theirs. Just imagine how bad they will slice up our now-feeble D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    So, to me we will see which Steeler's defense shows up. I don't think they are as bad as some make them out to be, and they have had some pretty good games this season. The Raven's defense was one of the tops, and we shredded them...any given Sunday. What I would like to see is us stick them man to man and go all out after Brady. If he is going to torch us, let's go out in a blaze of glory!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The pass rush yes, for sure.

The man coverage - would have to have a closer look. To me, Brady was missing fairly open guys. But like I say, I’d need another look.

We need to remember that we didn’t just play zone in the AFCCG - we played zone appallingly badly. The rush is the key thing. And someone at MLB to step up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Terrible stat I just read about the Cheats under Baby, the previous 3 years when they lost the opening game they went on to win it all.
    Maybe we can prevent it happening for a forth time.

7. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    No... now if you said swap Dupree with Juju at OLB you would have...

8. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    They had some very helpful penalties get them to the end zone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He hasn't been the same since that day over Macho Grande

• Like Like x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm guessing it wasn't you admitting you made a mistake

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

That absurd. Bubbchick is not losing ever on purpose. They play to win every game. To say they are mildly competitive would be a huge understatement. They lost because Brady had a bad day. Miami had a great game and were relentless in their pursuit of getting after Brady. Will we do this ? Not as likely as we are to put up alot of points. I agree with Bell in that " We can shootout with anyone" We got Bell Brown and Ben and with Juju back the opportunity to put up alot of points is potentially possible.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

I dont know how you semi allow a loss, you either throw the game or you don't and there is no way Bellichick would ever concede a game for a future opponent, especially the Steelers.

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

what? you've never had a semi ? lol

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Shouldn't be a problem. The Steelers could have hung a 50 burger on that soft defense last night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup they hung 39 on the 7th best defense in the league.Not bad

• Like Like x 1
  16. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I am confused. You seem to be offering a non sequitur.

17. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Thigpen, you need to take another look, it was man coverage most of the night. Even Gruden questioned why Miami went to a zone when the Patriots hit a couple of passes. Your right on one thing we did play bad zone last year. Agree rush up the middle is important, you need both. By the way we did play mostly zone most of the AFCCG last year.

18. 65Toss-Power-Trap

65Toss-Power-Trap Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Butler has shown zero evidence of doing anything other than the normal zone that Brady shreds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    That's what scares me, if that's the case then the only hope is a shootout, which we may need anyway.

20. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    hahahahahhahaahaahahahahha

21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

According to Tomlins last presser they have been working on man all year .. I really do nto know what that means unless he is referring to a different scheme when only playing the pats?

22. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers need to punish the receivers the way Miami did all last night. And of course, pressure. Pressure on Brady is the only way you beat him. There is no other way.

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Truth is they never lose ,period............they just run out of ways to cheat their way to victory

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Steelers

Steelers Member

Apr 26, 2014
    they will try to play versatile, run the ball, especially now with a blow at our ILB position. we must play smart, not just blitzing, or score points, like we did against ravens. time managment is crucial, because both sides have a lot of injured players in defense and smaller depth in rotation, so im sure bill will try to exhaust our guys. tomlin must show us this time that he can outsmart belichick

25. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The way to beat Brady is to hit him, and hit him and hit him again. And when you dont hit him, hit his receivers like they stole your lunch money. It was beautiful to see him lose last night. Even Timmons got a couple shots in on him. :applaud::yeehaw:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1