1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hate to say this but...Brady and Hoodie never lose

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't mean to be that guy but...where are all the "Patriots destroy everyone and blow out the teams they should" people today? By all accounts, the Dolphins were the lesser team, and the Patriots should have blown them out, right? Nevermind, I see today it is, "The Patriots looked past the Dolphins and will be ready this week!" So your argument now is that the celestial Hoodie let his team overlook an opponent? You Patriot fans are funny people!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers had Polamalu, Clark and Taylor for that game. They were in decline, but played lights out. Plus the offense was able to control time of possession and keep Brady off the field. That game was a masterpiece called by Arians and Lebeau.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Brady was also off target all night.

The Pats looked really average. 0-11 on 3rd down is remarkable. I'm guessing it's an anomaly, but I'll take it all the same.

4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And you don't think Miami's tight man coverage along with Miami's pass rush had anything to do with Brady's off target night.?

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The Miami defense showed tomlin and butler what it takes to beat brady, can they get our defense ready for this game, not at the level I saw from the fishs defense last night, they shut down all of bradys receivers and picked him twice, and this week bradys pacifier Gronk will be back and if they smother bell and brown we cant win, but there is always hope, they said we coulnt beat cincy and Balt back to back, but we did so anything is possible, we cant win if our defense gives up 38 plus points again this week...

6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Miami was collapsing the pocket a LOT. When Brady had time, he hit his target; when he was hurried or had to throw before he wanted, he missed.

Not sure where all the 1.8-second release routes were ...

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The injury to Haden is a killer here. They needed him out there to be able to play more man-to-man coverage against the Patriots.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No its ok, by all means, be that guy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Let them double or triple Brown and stack the line with 8 and take brown and bell out of the game. James, Juju and Martavis should be ready to go. If we split Bell out, do they commit a safety or try with a linebacker?

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Pittsburgh offense creates some matchup problems, too, but the Patriots have better personnel options in their response. They have solid cornerbacks and McCourty is an excellent safety.

They can still match up with the Steelers offense a hell of a lot better than the Pittsburgh's defense matches up with New England's offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Man Eli never believed Brady never loses

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Hard to imagine how badly the Patriots played 0 for 11 on 3rd down, Brady with a 56.9 Passer rating, but still some how managed 20 points.

If most teams played that poorly you might get 7-10 points if you were Lucky.

13. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Miami whipped the Pats like they whipped us last year in Miami... Didn't see that coming...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup.. you have to have the right personnel to be effective playing man. I really dont think we have the secondary to pull it off

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

It had everything to do with it. They swarmed the receivers and played tight all night. Xavien Howard played like a possessed man. They deserved to win that because they balled all night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yup. I saw db's staying tight with every receiver. I saw a 4 man rush penetrating and collapsing the pocket in 1-2 seconds almost every time. I saw a 4 man d line shutting the run down themselves.

1. we cant stop the run
    2. our db's play off because they get burnt, and safeties cant tackle
    3. our d line is great but cant get pressure if secondary is leaving gaps for brady to throw at the snap.

how do we fix that? quadruple B's baby

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I'm not afraid of the pats. I'm also not afraid if they beat us. Achilles was invincible until they found his weak spot....

Brady has that weak spot lol

18. Mr F

Mr F Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2016
    We're talking about Brady. You're not even close to the line.

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben, Brown, Bell and Boz?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I don't think it was so much how bad Brady and company played as much as it was how Great Miami played. They really played hard like it was their superbowl

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    yup. oh and juju

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    so its the Bs and J :)

That will likely be what will win us the game. This Swiss Cheese defense its not going to be able to stop Brady.. He could have two bad Achilles and still make the secondary look dumb

23. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I still remember Brady said it was a bad day at the office.

24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Apples and oranges. Are the 2011 Steelers the same as the 2016 or 2017? I think Gay and Harrison are the only two players left over from the 2011 defense and neither of them are starters now.

The pats have gronk back which is a huge boost for them. With Shazier we Might have been able to actually cover gronk. Now he’s probably going to have a career game.

25. Mr F

Mr F Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2016
    With their records over the past years there have been very few opportunities for them to lose 2 in a row. Steelers must take advantage of this one!