1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haskins will Start, Dobbs BU QB.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Aug 26, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It was a bit salty but really we knew before minicamp that this was a zero risk high reward type situation that was mostly spurred by Tomlin's itch over a player he liked. It was Vick 2.0 basically. Tomlin talked about how excited he was to observe Haskins in practice. He didn't exactly gush about Ben restructuring and returning and what that meant for the team. Seriously this was less of an open competition than Dobbs vs Jones when the gave Jones like zero reps that preseason. Hard to compete against Haskins when you aren't playing. So did he work himself on to the roster? Well yeah but basically by not self destructing off the field and Dobbs suffering a turf toe injury. We aren't exactly talking about a QB controversy here.

I'm sorry just weak sauce by a veteran insider or grabbing low hanging fruit.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry HACK. I usually agree with You, but I broke it down my self. Only one pass was dropped that the defense didn't get their hands on. Most were because like the Claypools throw...way 2 short a throw....which Claypool came back for and dug out, or behind players like the D. Watt fiasco. Now the pass down the side line was a thing of beauty, but some dumba$$ stepped out . LoL .

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011