1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haskins will Start, Dobbs BU QB.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Aug 26, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Have 2 disagree with Darnold. He played against a total of 1 starters last night ,with all His starters, and still almost threw 2 picks. He will not be facing backups, and guys soon 2 be cut the rest of the season.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We’re doomed

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed until popcorn is not HC.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Let the trades begin. Hopefully Colbert can work a trade for one of ours, we need to recoup draft picks.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's in college

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Or High School

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Minshew for a 6th? Any wonder the Jags are bottom feeders?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I really have no idea what the obsession over Dobbs is. He really is not that good.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I honestly think Darnold will do well with Carolina. He'll also have a healthy Christian McCaffrey to lean on. All He had in NY was some schmoe named Bell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Or his dad's balls.

Someone had to say it.

11. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Tomlin likes him because he can make sense of the post-game interviews.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Darnold should do a lot better in Carolina with Moore & McCaffrey. I did keep wondering what he is going to do when defenses take Moore out of the picture. Conquer with turn the ball over.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Anointing himself. I wasn't referencing what you said. I am chill so no worries...

• Like Like x 1
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They are short losing a 4th, 5th and 6th

I believe they are getting two comp picks though

A 3rd for Alvin and a 5th for Feiler.

Here is a rundown of lost/gained picks that will effect the 2022 draft

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Steelers.htm

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    What did I say that was wrong? Rudolph was clearly better. That doesn't mean I want him starting or love him as a QB but if we are comparing the backups it was pretty obvious who was better. It wasn't Haskins.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    I'm not sure what 2019 has to do with which backup QB played better in this preseason. And I don't think Rudolph won the backup job by default. Over 8 YPA and 75% completion is good on it's own merits. I still think Rudolph looks lumbering and a disaster waiting to happen when things break down but he clearly won the backup job over Haskins and Dobbs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Well....

Urban Meyer is running the show; a show that has been under scrutiny at that. Either way, not a good idea for Meyer. I seriously doubt that, given what I have seen now, Trevor Lawrence will be lucky to last to midway through the season.

That Offensive Line is going to get him killed; Meyer doing him no favors doubly so.

18. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Playing with the 1s isn't always about lighting it up. It seems to be more of a dust off the cobb webs scenario and get them off the field so they are not injured in a meaningless game since they will be claiming roster spots. Now the argument can be that Ben put points on the board, but he also had something to prove.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t really care about preseason, Rudolph has a season of actual real time play under his belt to go on, that’s why I feel there is nothing separating any of these guys talent wise.

20. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    So does Haskins and he was dreadful. Head to head most recently Rudolph clearly beat out Haskins.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He was but you act incredulous why anyone doubts Rudolph. With Haskins you are hoping he reaches his potential, with Rudolph you know what you have already. After Friday I’m not sure it matters anymore, Haskins probably is what he is at this point, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    We're just going to disagree on this one. I don't know if I'm right about this. I just don't. But I feel like what I'm seeing from Rudolph is the same thing I've seen from him since day 1. And I loved him in college when he wasn't torturing my Mountaineers. I was geeked over us drafting him. I just knew he was going to be the future QB1. Boy, was I wrong.

I don't see much growth at all in his game, other than a familiarity with the offense, which should be expected. I don't see him making better decisions, better throws, or acquiring a killer instinct. He's vanilla ice cream you buy at the store. Just okay. Not the kind I make at home or even hand dipped from a creamery. You know exactly what you're going to get from him, and it isn't much, unfortunately.

Haskins is the flavor of the month at the creamery with the weird name. You have to get a sample before knowing whether you're going to like it. It might be really good, but more than likely you're going to want something else. But there's always a chance it could surprise you. Unfortnately, you might love it, but when you go back, it has been replaced with another weird flavor that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

My opinion, right or wrong, is that neither is capable of driving Ben to the hospital. If he goes down, the season is over. I'm not worried about which one is better because both suck. I just think Haskins sucks less.

• Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And Haskins doesn't have real time experience???
    Never mind. I should have read farther.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If you are comparing Haskins environment to WFT and keep in mind he wasn’t supposed to start his first year and see that as equal to Rudolphs situation, I dont know what to tell you.

Haskins was a far superior prospect coming out of college. Why aren’t you getting the fact that he was picked up as a reclamation project.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Would you like a friendly wager???