1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haskins will Start, Dobbs BU QB.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Aug 26, 2021.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well Haskins showed who he is and not ready for prime time.

He is more worried about being the next Franchise QB and claiming the #2.

He is none of the above. He looked pathetic last night.

Rudolph played steady enough to be the solid #2

2022 Draft a QB needs to be selected in the 1st. Even if Ben comes back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The love affair with Haskins ended pretty quickly last night.

It wasn't a pretty outing by a lot of people not just Haskins.

Anyway, I think it ended any argument to even think about not keeping Rudolph around.

Going to be the Ben and Mason show with active helmets, barring injury only way Haskins gets a helmet.

I think he makes the 53 man, I don't think his performance was terrible enough to get him cut from making the 53 man.

Ben 1 Rudolph 2 Haskins 3 Dobbs Practice squad

• Like Like x 3
  3. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Possibly but I think people don't realize just how few good QBs are out there. There are some starters that Rudolph would probably outperform if he started all year. And no, I do not in any way want to see Mason start again for the Steelers. I am not praising him by saying this but rather pointing out that there are a lot of ****ty QBs out there. That's why I think Rudolph is a good backup, not because I think Rudolph is particularly good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I see Haskins didn't have a good outing and some want to compare what he did to what Rudolph has done. I don't know what Haskins really brings to the table but he has played with less talent when he has been in the game.

I couldn't watch but listened to some of the game via radio and noticed that his backfield was Snell and company, instead of Harris and company. And the WR Corp was missing Ju Ju, DW and the new TE.

Rudolph has manage to do what he has with the full compliment of The Steelers Offense, while Haskins has worked with makeshift wanna bes. In order for me to access, there has to be an apples to apples situation before I come to a conclusion on the two.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Taking a long time to sober up?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Is sober a thing?

I see a lot of people don’t like my opinion on Rudolph, get over it :lolol:

Bottom line is we are in trouble with any of these guys if Ben goes down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The entire team looked unprepared and unmotivated. Haskins didn't get a lot of time to throw the ball and his receivers were dropping everything. Now, the 4th preseason game is always a snooze fest but if I didn't see this during the regular season for the last decade, I would have brushed it off. I do not see how a Mike Tomlin team will ever win another title with him at the helm. He is just not good at consistently having his teams ready, focused and prepared.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it’s a Dallas thing more than a Prescott thing. I hope!

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Come on Haskins had Claypool,and Washington. Mason has Harris a total of what 7 plays. LoL. Wasn't like Haskin played against starter the whole game either

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He had 1 drop pass. The others were slapped down due 2 short throws, or behind WRs throws.
    I want the best 2nd Qb out there....so I can not understand why one can look at tape , and when one does something act like they don't see it, or make excuses for the same thing.
    I have seriously broke thus down. Last night Haskins only twice looked at any other guy he was throwing 2 ....other than the guy he picked as soon as the ball was snapped.
    All I can figure is there is more 2 this than who has played better. Like some other factors....

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No excuses, Haskins was awful, so awful it has shaken my belief that they should try to groom him.

I don’t know what they will do. He did have a good camp until that game, so how much stock they put into it I don’t know but you have to be alarmed by what you saw.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't believe cut him. You can still work with Him....if he allows it. There is a lot He can learn by watching a whole season of how it should be done, and get what little practice He can. I'm not done with Him, but for this Year I'm done with him being the Guy 2 come in if Ben goes down for a short period.
    Of Course I don't make any of these choices...So...JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He is who we thought he was....

Said it before the next Steeler franchise QB after Ben is not on the present roster.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I am going to be watching Trasks career, I was high on him in the draft. Tampa took him in the 2nd, we could have grabbed him before them. I like Muth and think he can be a very good TE but I’ll take a franchise QB over a franchise TE any day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    You've been drinking heavily since 2019? That answers so many questions.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Now I'm convinced you have been heavily drinking with @Blast Furnace since 2019.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'll give You Trask is better than Mond who some were high on. Anybody watched him. LoL.
    I still think Trask was a bit of a reach. I liked him, but something around the 3rd, or 4th round.
    Also I think with Bringing in Haskins, and Having Mason with Ben still on the team P.F. was the right choice.
    There is practically nobody in the SEC I don't watch closely. That's why when we get into talking about Guys from other conferences I have 2 listen 2 everyone else, or go back and view games.

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He was facing makeshift wanna be's as well. The issue is his ego is getting in the way and that he was not anointed the #2 position and talking about being the next franchise QB for the Steelers. Shut your face and earn it.

Against the Lions when he came he didn't look poised ready to lead. His body language told the story.

Go and read some of the stories from Washington FBT.

They took a one year flier, no harm, no foul.

He will not be the next franchise QB for the Steelers. Nor will Rudolph.

2022 best be the year they grab the next one in the 1st. Even if Ben comes back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not a good example in this regard

I respect your opinion on Rudolph more than I do my own

• Like Like x 2
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Shut your face and earn it.

:applaud:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    And Rudolph.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Easy, 2019. How does anyone watch that season and come away with Rudolph being anything other than awful. I know there was some other things going on that season, being knocked out and then the helmet incident but that was just terrible QB play.

Anyway, after yesterday, Rudolph wins by default. The only surprise now is if they keep Dobbs over Haskins and given his toe injury, not likely although I still think he’s best suited for Canadas brand of football.

23. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Haskins was bad last night. He'd definitely no better than number 3 right now. I think we need to see more, but I think I know what the last chapter will be. He will bounce around the NFL a little after his stint with the Steelers, then either end up in Canada or Arena football. I am intrigued with his arm, intrigued with how well he can move around. However, he doesn't consistently show swagger and confidence.

People will snicker, but Duck is the polar opposite. No arm strength to speak of. No doubt in my mind that his short stature made him have to move around enough to find an open receiver. But, the kid has guts and he has swagger, whether it's misplaced or not. Coaches can only teach so much. Both had enough skill to be effective where they played but that doesn't necessarily mean they will ever be anything more than a footnote in the NFL. I'm still not ready to say that Mason Rudolph will be anything better than an NFL back-up. But, after four years of uncertainty, I agree with others that say the Steelers need to keep looking for their next franchise QB. I saw the potential last night with Sam Darnold now that he is out of the hell that is the N.Y. Jets organization. He has a good arm, moves well, has good instincts and goes through his progressions. I wish the Steelers had been able to get him.

• Like Like x 2
  24. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I don't recall anointing anyone the next franchise QB. My opinion all along was I haven't seen enough. Don't put words on my keyboard trying to make a point. Chill out.

• Like Like x 2
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    5-3 record. Winning.

• Winner Winner x 1