1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haskins criticized for being lazy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Nov 17, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    :popcorn::tequila: This post will keep me going right into the game tomorrow night.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I pretty much figured that you were looking at it and saying that I was in high school until I was 25 but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and took it as genuine dialog. Plus yes it was not some of my best sentence structure to date but not everything is a winner sometimes it is what it is.

Was it Bouchette or Dulac that reported that Harrison turned down more money in Pittsburgh to play for the Bengals that seemed to become gospel over night for most fans? That was some exaggerated reporting that still irks me.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t recall. My one and only interaction with Bouchette was when he predicted the final cut down and said Landry over Dobbs and I said you mean Dobbs over Landry.

I should have went back the next day and said “see” :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I thought Tomlin said that he wanted volunteers and hostages?! Clearly, he is inconsistent in his evaluations

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He...may Be Aditi. :shrug:
    Only thing I can figure

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I've taken up for Bouchette and others on this board, too. I got to know Bouchette a little bit, and like most of us around my age, I've been reading his work since the '80s. He's not always right, but I have tremendous respect for the work he does and I've personally seen instances of him being a good guy and treating people well when he didn't have to do so.

The bit about lousy passes and being on his phone were part of the narrative along with the comments by coaches. I believe that was all her. If you think she is too negative, that's fine. I can see that. That you take it to the point of insisting that she makes things up when you don't have the evidence to support such an accusation, that's when I call bull****.

Your first paragraph makes it clear you are allowing your issues with the media to guide your thinking rather than a fair analysis of what you saw and heard. Your last paragraph seems to imply that the only reason a man could show any respect for a female reporter is an interest in dating her. (I get that you were making a lame attempt at a joke, but it still isn't a good look.) I don't know her, but I did have the opportunity to work with women in sports writing. I do take up for them because I've seen firsthand the crap they take. I'm not sure you truly understand how ugly it gets.

To be clear, I'm not saying that no reporter, man or woman, would ever make up a story. I've known people who did so. I'm not sure if you remember the time the Dolphins came to Pittsburgh and Gregg Lloyd was quoted as saying he was going to try to take Dan Marino's head off. Lloyd never said it. I know it was made up, and the reporter who did it was one of the more unscrupulous people I ever met in journalism. That might not even make the top 10 of that person's worst offenses.

I'm just saying it is rare and if a reporter is going to go there, they would do it for a bigger gain.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I honestly don't remember.

And yes, I was having a little fun with your post. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, that was my way of not banning you for implying that I am being misogynistic and only going after her because she is a woman. Don’t be a dick and I won’t say things like that.

The rest I am done replying to, again, thats 3 times over as many threads you keep direct quoting me dragging out this argument. You’re 100% wrong, both in your assumption on my positions about the media and in pretending her AB report wasn’t a major screw up that happens every day.

9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Thread Flowsheet:

1) Guy who thinks he was a journalist once: Blah Blah
    2). Guy named after a process for making a metal: Oh yeah, Blah blah
    3) Return to step 1

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    3) Guy who doesn’t even know what team to be a fan of: blah blah

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The degree of screw up was never the point. There is a difference between a screw-up and fabricating a story. We can reasonably disagree on how big of a screw-up it was. Part of the difference there might be that I don't really remember it. Claiming that she made it up is another matter entirely.

Also, my implication in the post in question was that you have an issue with her as an individual regardless of her gender, not that you were being misogynistic. My apologies if it seemed otherwise. I just re-read the post and I don't see it, but as I tell my students, the reader's interpretation of what is written matters, too, not just the writer's intent.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thank you. You said Bouchette has been doing it for years, why is it only a problem when she does it. He’s a man and she’s a woman so that’s why I thought you were implying that.

I have a problem with Aditis reporting, not her as an individual, she seems like a very nice person but I don’t approve of those methods. People make mistakes but it’s not just the AB incident, there are many questionable things she has said and done. She definitely stirs the pot IMO.