1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haskins criticized for being lazy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Nov 17, 2021.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I doesn't really matter to me if she is a Browns fan or not. If she is a Browns fan, that doesn't take away her capability to cover other teams. I would imagine all broadcasters have a team they are a fan of, or in most cases played for. I'm sure Romo pulls for the Cowboys in his spare time, but that doesn't mean he can't call a good Chiefs game.

As for the lying thing. I honestly do not remember the circumstances of that. So it is hard for me to judge her. If she made up a story about AB and had to take it back, I can see why you guys do not trust her.

• Like Like x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    i said nothing about a team paying him millions. In fact i mentioned the vet minimum for a reason. Work for 10 years at 650k per year you’ve made millions. It’s by far his best option and should be more than enough motivation. I’m not speculating about anything. Never mentioned the money he made in Washington. Or if he has any left. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That doesn't say millions and mountains of incentive? Guess I was confused. Quick question if he stays on the roster until the NFL year ends doing the bare minimum does he still get paid? If so what possible incentive would make him work his ass off?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Not to be a smart*ss, but you may be making a stronger point than you think. First, the vet minimum isn't a single amount; it relies upon your experience. For 2021, those with at least one year of experience (hence a veteran) make at least $780k. Haskins has two years, so his minimum is $850k. In 2030, if still on minimum he'll be making $1.48MM.

Second, and more important for the grocery purists of the board, where do you shop that still employs baggers? Hell, you're lucky to still find cashiers at the Walmarts of the world, where they've taken to scads of self-checkouts monitored by a single associate for ID checks/price discrepancies.

Baggers would be retail's version of the fullback position in the NFL. Might bump into one here and there, but even then they're likely employed more for another task.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Is this 7-11 speak for happy ending?

I dunno. If some here find out they can get more than lottery tickets at 7-11 they may want to Google their closest location.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think it would come down to is she lobbing soft pitches for the coaches and teams she covers because they are nice to her and then with Tomlin it is a series of gotcha questions that are meant to aggravate him. That kinda smacks of being unprofessional.

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    My phone didn't like the word scratchers lol. Oh well such is life.

• Like Like x 1
  9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Got baggers at the CVs in My town....they also try 2 take it 2 Your vehicle, but I always say No. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I’m all about context but in a situation that he’s in, trying to save his career, possibly having to come in for the first time, checking your phone and half assed warmups tells me all I need to know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Not meaning to change the subject, but “Mason Rudolph has had 4 years to show who he is.” Fours years for that performance against the Lions?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He was known coming out of college as not being very smart, hardly prepared and didn't study much. He simply relied on his talent alone. Steelers should have always steered clear of this guy but they got him on the cheap. Low risk, High reward bet that probably won't pan out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I always thought as Him as a One read Guy, but never gave Him much thought because I knew We weren't going 2 draft Him. LoL. Yet Here He is.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That shouldn't surprise it was much the same with LJ as well. Perform just well enough that you are a solid backup option if they don't need you to win a game on your arm.

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    This whole thing reminds very much of the Alabama effect. Is the player really good or is it the situation they are in? For every Derrick Henry and Najee Harris there are RB'S from Alabama who fizzled. I can't picture the name of the one that the Browns trade some serious draft capital for. I think from Washington too. Anyway I view Ohio State much the same way. The way the recruit you can't swing a dead cat and not hit a freshman who is going to be the next huge thing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    It’s just sad. I never had doubts that Batch, Leftwich or even Gradowski can come in and win if needed. Now? Our backup QB gets praises for participating

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Trent Richardson. Browns moved up one spot (1.3 from 1.4), and gave up their 4th, 5th, and 7th that year to the Vikes to do it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think the pro game is progressing more and more towards the wasted roster spot thinking for backup QB'S. If you dump one on the PS you can add two extra players potentially. It's flawed but what teams are moving towards.

20. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Ground breaking content. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Other people understand that all reporters have screwed up at some point in their careers. It ain't about trust.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    She didn't make up a story. She screwed up and some folks here tend to misrepresent that.

23. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    There's plenty of reasons why a coach might knowingly do that. Pick one. a) They've told Haskins things and he hasn't listened, so you want to make it public to wake his azz up. b) This coach's opinion isn't being heard by the rest of the staff and he wants to get it out there. c) the staff wants it known so when they cut him the pubic supports it.

The fact that Adiiti didn't name the coach tells me the coach not only knew she was there, but probably told her not to identify him.

• Like Like x 1
  24. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    There are a number of reasons that players check their phones during pregame warmups. Haskins isn't the only football player to check his phone lol. I'm sure other players did that day and other players did at other games.

The throws concern me and I would've liked more information about that. He's had footwork issues for a long time and if it's not improving the neither are his throws.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The phone thing alone doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but the report is that the coaches see it as part of a larger issue.

After all of the attacks on Kinkhabwala that stemmed from her report on Melvin Ingram, it turns out she was right that he wanted out.

Does this report about Haskins really seem that surprising given the player's history? No, it doesn't, but we've got people here who have issues with the media in general and this reporter in particular.