1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has to be the end of the Pickett Era

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Redsteel, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Old Dipstick

Old Dipstick Member

Mar 26, 2022
    Hard for me to believe they drafted him in the first round..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    That brings back the old dicussion, had the Steelers not taken him, would he have fallen to the end of the third like all the other guys he was lumped in with?(Willis, Ridder, Corral)

Knowing what we know now, it's not crazy to think that. The only one of those that had anything approaching 1st rd talent was Willis, but he was so raw. They might've gotten swept up in the "We found our golden boy, and he was right door the whole time. It feels like destiny!"

I wanted McDuffie in the 1st. I was willing to ride with Mitch for a year and continue to build the team. We wouldn't have gone anywhere with Mitch either, but at least we'd have McDuffie and a bad Qb, rather than no McDuffie and a bad Qb.

3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    They took him because they were desperate for a QB and he went to Pitt and they were familiar with him. Was a terrible pick that high.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Which is proof that somehow against all odds the Steelers eek out wins. Although Trub had that one good year with the Bears.

5. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Yesterday should have been Kenny P's last start. He is sooooooooooooooooooooo inaccurate. He could not hit the ground with ball he was off so much. He had a running game yesterday. Play action was wide open and he just missed every throw and the only pones he completed were amazing catches. We were playing a crappy offense with a third string qb and cant win. I thought we might win 11 after cincy burrow went down but just pencil in 9-8 and expect a split with cincy and a horrible loss to Arizona or colts. Keeny is just getting worse. There is no way he is ever going to be an elite qb or even a average one. HE SUCKS.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Boy,,,,its great be in that company. He had his shot and is a failure. So id Canada. Both should be gone next year.

7. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Coaches get set in their ways and they only know one way to do things. They don't want to adapt to the changes of the game. We are seeing a lot of veteran coaches fall into that trap. Adapt or die.

This is a different game than it was 20 years ago or even 15 years ago. Many don't want to see it, but sometimes it's just time for some new blood with new and innovative ideas.

Everything has an expiration date.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I like Tomlin a d he must know something cause winning is hard but he needs real established coordinators he can’t have all the control he has it’s simply not working at all

9. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    I’d take Bryce Young over Pickett any day he’s got nothing to work with at all

10. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Pickett will remain the QB this year and next year unless injury when do the Steelers ever admit a mistake ? Never

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    That's exactly what's going on with Iowa and it's coaching staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I think pretty much every decent QB in this league has had at least one breakout game in their first couple seasons.. a game where they're just dialed in and show the world they can play in this league. We have yet to see anything close with Pickett.. we get maybe a pretty good quarter of play every couple games, and that's it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Pickett wasn't that much of a reach where he was picked at #20, look at the Jets taking Zach Wilson at #2 that's a bust of a pick, Pickett isn't making big money so it won't be hard to move on from him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

That's not the only place it's happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'd say not worse, but equally bad.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    3rd rd is hard to say, probably second rd but I have no doubt he drops out of the first. I’ve always felt that way.

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would not bet that we would win, but I would put money that if they gave Mason a week to prepare the offense would look better....even with Canada calling the plays. Some don't want to see this....because then they can always blame something else,but it won't happen. KFP is a 1st round pick, and Trubisky is the Qb making the most money....for Mason to come in ,and look better than both would....in their minds would make them look foolish.....drafting, and bringing in two guys that aren't as good as the stiff they already had. LoL No ....I'm not saying Mason is the answer, the future, or great, but He's better than the other two.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    McDuffie was tops on my board when we picked Pickett. I don’t remember who was second, but I remember that both Dax Hill and Pickens were in that group of players after McDuffie for me. There were no QBs anywhere close to the top of my board, but Howell was my guy if we went with a QB at any point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    It's painful. I am an eternal optimist. I loathe all the hater-ade posts where people think they would be a better team owner, a better GM, a better Head Coach, than the guys we have. I find that a laughable joke. But at this point...it's just brutal. I have no where to argue from. This offense is truly unwatchable. And really, there is no where else to go. It's Christmas...give Rudolph a chance.

• Like Like x 3
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Supposedly Tomlin announced today, Tribisky will start against the Bengals

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Check Down Kenny has to be benched at some point in the Bengals game if he is struggling again. If it continues and no changes are made, Tomlin gonna lose this team and you can guarantee they are not gonna make the playoffs.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oof

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Yardline

Yardline Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Ummmmmmmmmm

24. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I truly think the ghost of the Marino miss influenced this pick!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I would go with Rudolph over Trib at this point. The play yesterday where the O lineman stood up and the ball was snapped was a first in my lifetime and just about summed up this team's offensive ineptitude.

• Like Like x 1