1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Cheerleader Tomlin EVER been a "good" head coach? I say no ..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Burgettstown Bob, Sep 28, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s my alter ego

• Like Like x 2
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I quoted the post above. You mentioned that he appeared in one, but left out the victory. I pointed it out at the time. Are you too dense to scroll back a page?

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Glenn is a Steeler fan.
    Glemm only shows up when needed.
    The story has been passed down through the years.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Can we ban all further Tomlin threats for at least a few weeks? Maybe until the bye week when we could possibly be still at 1 win. I only read these to see if anything is new that someone brings to the forefront, but there isn't. What is never changes and we are what/ where we are until Rooney says so. I think this sucks but it doesn't matter what I think. Now, on to the Cheese Head's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It started a while ago as a joke about a backup training camp QB named Glemm.

My grey cells are dusty, but I might have first tossed this out.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Scribe, save your typing, Bob went bye bye.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That burger is well done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Thanks guys. I realized that after I posted my response.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He got lucky scribe, you were just warming up.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Are you suggesting that I might be somewhat relentless?:hehehe:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    A master of caustic literature imo.

12. TruSteeler

TruSteeler New Member

Nov 9, 2020
    I just want to preface this with I've read this forum for 5 years and want to thank everyone for the enjoyment I've had reading it without feeling the need to put my 2 cents in. However, I think we all need to agree to calm down a bit. Name calling and acting like petulant children won't help the team and certainly won't help anyone. We are all fans and just want the team to do well. Now for the topic...

The team is in free fall. It's natural. It was bound to happen and frankly has been happening for the last 3 years. Denying the inevitable has lead to this team being garbage for at least the next 3 years, maybe more. We have an aging QB with no initiative. We have a Coach who's more than willing to take a back seat to anyone willing to lead despite their lack of qualifications. The team needs a complete overhaul which won't happen due to the ownership seeming to be clueless. The true fact is this team needs the snot kicked out of it because there's a lot of goobers hanging on that need cleared out. It's stale. It's old and that's not that there's anything wrong with old as long as its effective. Ben has to go, and should have gone last year. Tomlin... Please just watch the presser on youtube after the game.

You could say beating a dead horse, but let's be honest here, the horse is beating itself. That is quite amazing for a dead one, but when the guy serves it up like that, it's hard not to take shots at him. It's platitudes and clichés. Between the words that get repeated over and over, and using the word as a definition of the word, I'm confused as to what he's trying to say. You can tout all the non losing season crap all you want, but the team hasn't been a contender for 10 years aside from getting to the dance. All fine and good getting there, but once you're there 8-8 is just as good as 16-0 if you can't perform. How you get there is one thing. How you perform once you get there is another. It's a case of Byslmitis, too much success to know you might be doing it wrong. Penny stocks if you will, short term gain that without consistent management will lead to large losses in the long term.

• Like Like x 2